• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate Barracuda vs. WD 80GB 8MB Special Edition??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtec96

OK, i am very quickly running out of space and need to look into a second HD :p

I now have a rather new Seagate barracuda 60GB 7200rpm drive! It works great! Fast,reliable, and most of all SILENT!! Cant hear it even while booting up or x-fering lots of files!!

Well, I did lots of research before getting this drive, so I still feel real strong about the quiality of it. However, I hear many good things about this new WD 80GB drive with 8MB cache! Supposed to be REALLY fast, and quiet too...Im mostly concerned about RELIABILITY ....

Anyone have opinions on this??

I haven't heard of any reliability issues with these WD models. I just bought 2 of the WD 80GB 8MB cache drives to RAID but haven't hooked them up yet. And, although I didn't buy them expecting they'd be as quiet as my Barracudas, I am expecting them to be as reliable.

Dissolved, I prolly will want the 80GB, as the 160 is a little too much for now :eek: .. hehe

AS far as the sound, i have a Delta 68cfm fan and 4 Sunon case fans, so i dont think ill hear ANY HD noise! At least I Dont with the Seagate....but most important thing here is reliability and logivity ;)

vtec96 said:
Dissolved, I prolly will want the 80GB, as the 160 is a little too much for now :eek: .. hehe

AS far as the sound, i have a Delta 68cfm fan and 4 Sunon case fans, so i dont think ill hear ANY HD noise! At least I Dont with the Seagate....but most important thing here is reliability and logivity ;)

The 80gb 8mb cache will do you fine

Back