• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seventeen Or Bust

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes nice points Mekon keep up the good work.

And to Arca_ex

1 yes
2 all day or just when you have ur computer on.
3 and I would think your P4 2.8 should do well prolly like almost 3m cems/sec

I started it up, and I'm in with the Overclockers.com team, but this thing is running full bore, 100% CPU load, any way to hold it back a little? Because I want to contribute, but I have stock cooling on this and very poor case circualtion. And BTW I forgot this is a 2.5 Ghz, not a 2.8. Also I can't overclock because it's built by company called Medion, based somewhere in europe, and the BIOS is locked.

Last edited:
At the SB window click "config" and try putting the priority on low. I'm on a HT right now so I can't really test it for you. For stats, your 2.5 will do great. Right now I'm only using 50% of my (physical) cpu, and I'm flying up the ranks. Having 2 instances of it would probably give me 5m cems/sec.

I'm running it on a 1.4ghz lappy and a 3.5ghz celery and I'm getting just short of 6.

*Edit: Had to take down the celery b/c I'm selling it to a client but I have a shiny new 930 rig on the way!

Last edited:
Although it says 100% CPU load, I'm noticing no difference, even while gaming, so I'll continue to run it, I'm putting out about 2.5, and once my main rig is back together, get ready to fly, with that 955 dual-core, with HT on each core, I'm sure I could do some damage.

Good deal, yeah you should not notice any real diffrence in application use while running sb as long as it is config. to only use idle cycles. Once a application needs the cycles sb lets go of what the app needs and keeps running on the cycles left over.

sno.lcn said:
Damn mekon, you finally passed me! WTG man, you're putting out some really impressive pointage!

Thanks sno.lcn, commandeered a few servers at a clients lol.

Hope it did'nt seem rude in the length of time to reply, I've been in France visiting my GF's parents for a long weekend.

I see we are now:-

• Neighbors: Total Production - 84th
  • Neighbors: Last Day's Rate - 14th
  • Neighbors: Overall Rate - 23rd
Thats cool, all the best to all, and lets keep it going.

Oh, by the way if you run as a service and only want just a certain number of instances running on dual or core or hyper threading ... then use:-

1. run "sobsvc -p:<num>:<aff>" where <num> is the number of clients you wish to run and <aff> is the affinity type:
0 - each client runs on a single CPU [default]
1 - all clients are allowed to run on all CPUs
2 - half of the clients are pegged to a single CPU and the other half are allowed to run on any of the remaining CPUs (or on all CPUs if there aren't any "remaining" CPUs)
2. Restart the service

Mekon

Last edited:
So I thought I killed my notebook and that's why my sob stopped, but I just hard-powered the thing off, started it up, and it's working fine now so I'm back!

We've gotten passed twice in the past couple of days. The first time was because a team passed everyone at once(wish I knew how they did it) and xtremesystems passed us yesterday. We had been fighting them off at the vault but we're a good ways ahead of them now. Hopefully I'll be able to get sb going on another rig or two without losing too much powah in other projects.

Is there any way of having this run only when my laptop is plugged in? Some sort of scheduling program.

Its about time I put this thing to work and 17orBust is my favorite project! :beer:

bump casue i felt like showing some love to the other DC projects
sbmg2.jpg

Back