• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

She wants a benching station.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamSaveMax

:shrug: My daughter no longer wanted a regular computer encased anymore and being nagging for months for a look a like benching station which she thought it's cool to look at.
The problem is...my benching stations are messy with wires ....and finally came up with a simple set up with a DVD-rom and HDD attached in one piece. Minimal expense required and as neatly as possible. :D
I was going to attach the PSU behind and beneath the top tier...but...enough drilling and brackets already. :p

(Just in case the thumbnails do not appear, the inserted image links are still alive...
just click on the X out thumbnail for a direct view.)

If you have a problem seeing the pictures.....there is a slideshow >> http://www.megapix.com/flash.php?flashtype=slideshow&itemid=JRLQLIZ1P << for easier viewing.

Just about to finish

Power button...done

DVD-Writer....can be slided out....to accommodates a discrete GPU

DVD-Writer's bracket

Bottom's view

Up and running...top view

Side view. There's enough room to insert a screwdriver's tip down to clear CMOS as needed.

Up close

Overall view

DONE

============
============

UPDATED with another PSU mounted in the rear and out of the way.

Last edited:
Oh man... That is one sexy looking little bench station. Is the base glass or plexy?

Oh and your daughter and dejo's daughter should join forces and create their own little OCF sub-team... :)

It's on plexy.
ahaha.... my daughter is not as enthusiastic as Dejo's daugher (April) though.

i assume by the way youve covered up the expansion slots were not going to see anyway quad sli benching from her? its pretty cool, whenever people look at my pc there like ohh ahh when im like urgh it looks terrible!

:-/ pics aren't showing up for me. Had to go into page source to find them. Looks good though, very clean.

I'll stick to my 900 :) I know that if i put my computer on a benching station, i'll end up spilling crap into it. My keyboard gets enough of that as is!

I have seen a number of open systems, but that's the cutest one yet. I bet she loves it. I hope she will be careful to keep stray jewelry out of it.

It's too bad the PSU setup isn't just a little prettier. I would like to see a low power build with a picoPSU in the same style.

I used to do my own LED mod years ago....it was tedious that I did for my backyard landscape.
I bought these LEDs bar was on sale for $6 each and grabbed everything that they had (5) which saves alot of time and look nicer.

I even converted this Ryobi portable 14.4 flash light to LED :)

Last edited:
My ventures into led wiring hasnt gone so well so far. im hopeless with a soldering iron + i burned a hole in my bedroom floor when the wiring went slightly on fire when i was testing it. (one end of the LED wen RED hot and broke off onto some paper in my room) thinking back, i should probably have tested it outside.....

You do not want to touch the tip of soldering iron with LED tails any more than 4 or 5 seconds.
Or else it can cause burns or degrades the LED itself.

Back