• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tough competition there Opty. Lol you know what they say though, "If you're not first, you're last." Nice run.

I was thinking about one of these dual CPU P3 setups but I guess I will pass.
That cooling holders always look interesting ;)

Yesterday I got 5x P-M mobile chips. All Banias cores. Now I'm looking for a mobo which is supporting Core 2 Solo/Duo mobile CPUs and has some OC options.

Testing out my new GTX 580 and it's definitely better than the last one. :D

Capture635.jpg

http://hwbot.org/submission/2891096...age___performance_geforce_gtx_580_46079_marks

After a few growing pains I finally think I have this 290xMatrix working the way it should be. Soldered the pads last night to open up the voltage and all works like it should so I didn't break anything ha ha Hopefully I have more luck on cold with this one than I have so far.

image_id_1430170.jpeg

I'm sure you guys are wondering why I'm clocking it on AMD but this is why

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/roadtopro_challenger_season1_division4_round2

Yesterday I got HD6970 with full cover block. Today I wanted to check it but all it did was a spark and some smoke during first start. Now I wonder what will seller say.

Well that's just lame Woomack, no wonder he wanted to get rid of it. Did you go through paypal?

Nah, local auction which has its own payment system. Guy had 2 cards and he said he tested both cards before shipping. Actually there was still some water in block when it arrived. Price was low ~$80 for a card + block. Maybe here is the catch ... still, he has many good comments about his auctions.

well that's it then you're just cursed woomack. There's no other explanation. :shrug:

That's too bad. If he has good feedback he'll probably help sort out a resolution or refund, but you never know.

No reply from the seller after he said that all was working ok.
2 shots of the card. I don't think I can fix it.

13.jpg

12.jpg

and one more showing block contact ... no thermal pads and barely any thermal grease ... part near burned spot had no TIM at all

14.jpg

Got the Matrix under water so far up to 1300 on the core and 6000 memory. I do think that the GPUtweak crashes my system every once in a while.

firex 6301.JPG

IMAG0427[1].jpg

On E till I figure out best way to get it filled... I have a few options though!!

Looks just like my Dewar!

I get mine filled free. I just tip my air/gas guy every now and then. But I think one that size is only gonna be like 20$ to fill up. It's not really too expensive.

Welcome to DFI land where DFI's roam free and kick butt - Enter at your own risk. :attn:

DFI Land.JPG

Note: If it's DFI yellow, it's a 939 board and this ain't all of them either, have a few I didn't include but all shown are in working order. :D

Back