• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple pelt question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBFoxbat

Registered
Will I kill a pelt if I run it w/o above ambiant temp applied to the cold side?

I want to chill some water... Could I rig it up to a pelt? I don't plan on freezeing the water, so I won't leave the pelt on all the time, and i dont need a high-watt pelt. I just dont want to kill it.

This is for a computer unrelated project. Though it does have the same effect as pelt cooling a radiator in a watercooling rig... thoughts please...
thanks

On the cold side of a pelt, you don't need anything to run it. It's a heatpump, and as such, will pump heat from a cpu, gpu, projects, beer, air, whatever you'd like.

On the hot side of a pelt, you must have a heasink and fan, as all the heat it is removing from the coldside is going to the hotside, as well as some 75% of the wattage it consumes from your power supply (assuming 25% efficiency, which is too gracious :p ).

That about cover it?

Back