• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL6WU IHS Removed! 4Ghz...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see the risks on removing the IHs, is there any guides anywhere, or is there anything you might recomend. How would you crush the core with the hsf. Anyways if I remove this IHs, will I get much better cooling performance. Any pics of the core with the IHs removed.

elec999 said:
I see the risks on removing the IHs, is there any guides anywhere, or is there anything you might recomend. How would you crush the core with the hsf. Anyways if I remove this IHs, will I get much better cooling performance. Any pics of the core with the IHs removed.
I gently slide the blade in at EACH CORNER of the IHS and work the blade from corner to middle. Once you cut through the rubbery black epoxy, it should pop right off UNLESS it is a 30 cap or Z stepping.

CPU.jpg

You have noticed the force it takes to apply a stock hsf to a p4 no doubt, This is because the thermal compound between the chip and the ICS works better compressed... but if you remove the ICS, all that pressure is the put directly on the die -- this can crush the chip.

~t0m

yeah those 3's can be really good overclockers. i actually got my 3.2 up to 270fsb at 1.75v under my Vapochill, but 268 was the stable point 5:4 2-2-2-5. seems to be stable while playing UT2k4, but sometimes i get a GPF. i think that has to do with my 9800XT, cause when i bring it down to stock speeds, everything works fine.

weird...

Back