• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sloppy Wires?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radium

I just recently bought a fortron 530W power supply, and it came with 2 of the peripheral connectors, 2 for the drives, and one for the floppy. Anyways, I don't need all the extra wires, do I just let them hang loose in the case, or would that constrict airflow?

If I did tie them, where would I tie them to, there's no handy dock in an x-dreamer...

Thats what I do with my x-dreamer II. You have to tie them and put them out of the way, it is nicer looking and the cooling is worth your while to have those out of the way. Thats the same idea that people user rounded cables compaired to the other standard ones.

you can always tuck them behind the motherboard tray. i'm not sure how much space is there, but if you can fit it in, its a perfect place to keep wires out of the way.

phoenix111384 said:
you can always tuck them behind the motherboard tray. i'm not sure how much space is there, but if you can fit it in, its a perfect place to keep wires out of the way.
Yes this works really well, also tucking them behind the drive bays helps as well. Anything helps, don't just leave them hanging around they cause a major problem with the airflow. Chances are you will see a major difference in temps once you clean them up over a messy case. Not to mention it looks much better. :D

Back