• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software required to test tablet specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Got a new tablet might be fake. What tools can I use to test specs.

Android tablet.

Want to check..

• Ram
  • Storage
  • Camera
  • CPU
  • GPU

Cheers,

Bandit.

What makes you think it's fake? Pictures and an explanation and we may be able to help further.....................details would be helpful!

Some of the same works on the desktop? There's an Android version of CPUz will tell you about the CPU, RAM, and GPU specs. Try some of the HDD testing apps you know (Crystal Disk Info) and see if it has an android version. 3DMark has Android based tests as well...

No clue on the Camera... look up the specs inside your OS and see.

@EarthDog its actually super common with Android devices. The fakers will take a product that looks like a more expensive one and modify the OS to report false hardware IDs. Although this mostly happens with phones.

$250 for a Snapdragon 870 24mp tablet felt like a steal seller had good feedback and no negative reviews for the device.

Checking things out in CPU-Z I get told im running a snapdragon 870.

Did some tests/checks with CPU-Z and 3d mark.

Unsure on CPU as not sure how to pop tablet open but the performance doesn't feel like snapdragon.

I get told I have 3gb total ram and current ram is 8-9gb and yes thats not a typo.

Android 11 should be on the device which is what CPU-Z tells me however 3d mark is reporting android 8.1 also won't let me install benchmarks as os lower than android 10.

24mp camera I took a photo at max res and picture comes out as 2560 x 1680 which I don't think is what 24mp should be resolution wise.

Tablet says its 120mhz 2k this tablet can just barely do 1080p why I try turn on youtube stats for nerds it flashes on screen for not even a second before it turns itself off so I can't read the info. Its defo losing frames and anything above 1080p doesn't even show up as a playback option.

Can't ADB into the device looks like its being blocked/stopped for some reason.

Any ideas how to find out all of the true specs and change the information back so I can properly test it?

Has a Mali GPU so think this might be a Helio CPU showing 8 cores in CPU-Z and they all appear to have the numbers going up and down on them. Can't see if any sketchy software in the background messing with things as looks like the default stuff you would normally see on an Android device.

Noticed that I paid for 128gb device and got 512gb however after turning the device back on today its now saying it only has 4gb and that the 512gb is at 99% capacity.

I downloaded genshin impact which is about 20-30gb and it still seems to be working and running on this device.

Any ideas would be great. Looking to submit for a refund just wondering if I can somehow get the specs sorted and make sure no spyware like software on it might be useful just to watch youtube on at low resolution I guess.

Back