• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Gone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atomic_Sheep

Hi, I updated my NVidia drivers and suddenly I don't get sound anymore.

I tried through headphones and through speakers.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the speakers.

I tried setting the output using the little speaker icon to different options and no luck.

I tried right clicking sound icon and going into Sound Settings. There I tried troubleshooting and I could hear the beep.

I tried restarting the computer.

I don't know what else to try :(. I don't get sound in Chrome or iTunes and no sound when windows restarts or logs in.

Any suggestions?

Device manager was showing no errors.

I fixed the issue. Unfortunately I don't know how. I was just poking around and it started to work. Looks like it was just some setting somewhere. I hate not knowing, but I looks like I accidentally broke it and accidentally fixed it, which is the worst kind of solution but hey.

Digital video cables can get defaulted for audio, but should be able to change from the sound settings menu

Sometimes removing the device in Device Manager, rebooting and allowing the system to reinstall the device will do the trick. I think it reshuffles IRQ's or something that were butting heads.

Back