• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spend $30 via Paypal at any store that takes it (including eBay) and get $15 back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MadMan007 said:
Well I registered a few days ago and just did a Paypal purchase at Newegg. Here's to hoping it goes through :beer:
uh oh, I did the order with newegg.....than registered for the paypal thing. Do you think I won't get the 15 dollars?

blitzkrieg1110 said:
uh oh, I did the order with newegg.....than registered for the paypal thing. Do you think I won't get the 15 dollars?

Dont think you will get it. It seems very specific about registering then purchasing. I wouldnt be suprised if you dont.

Going to order a radiator for my watercool setup from SVC as they accept paypal and I can drive over there at lunch and pickup my order. I love this place I get mailorder prices and local same day will call pick up.

Broody

ahbroody said:
Dont think you will get it. It seems very specific about registering then purchasing. I wouldnt be suprised if you dont.
Dangit, lol. I registered as soon as I put in my order, because the payment is not instant (it takes like 15 minutes for the payment to actually be transfered), maybe I'll get lucky and receive it.....

If not, oh well.....

This doesn't really work when you need a bank account to push cash into, then put $ into the PP account.

I've heard bad stories about account lock ups by PP, so I wouldn't use my personal account (my only account).

You can also use a credit card. Thats what I do. Also Credit Card gift cards and charge cards (like the Visa Bux card) work.

I just ordered two of the $68 1GB DDRII modules on newegg :).

Reefa_Madness said:
Just to have a record of the terms...this is from their website.

Receive a $15.00 USD rebate by registering for this offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/greatshopping/signup/index.html and using PayPal to make a purchase of at least $30.00 USD or $34.50 CAD. To qualify for this offer, purchases must meet the following requirements:

Registration. You must first register for this offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/greatshopping/signup/index.html using your PayPal account's primary email address.

Single Purchase. Once registered for this offer, you must use your PayPal account to spend at least $30.00 USD or $34.50 CAD on a single purchase on an eligible website.

Eligible Website. You must make a purchase on www.eBay.com, www.eBay.ca or any United States or Canadian website that accepts PayPal. Purchases on www.eBay.com and www.eBay.ca must be made through the eBay checkout flow via the eBay website and must not be made through the PayPal Send Money tab.

Promotion Period. Purchases must be made between February 8, 2007 12:01 AM PST and March 31, 2007 11:59 PM PST.

Excluded Transactions. The following transactions are excluded from this offer: Send Money transactions, payments to Personal Accounts, eBay payments made to Personal Accounts, donations, PayPal Mobile transactions, payments for services, Virtual Debit Card payments, PayPal ATM/ Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card payments not made through your PayPal account.

Rebate Payment. The $15.00 USD rebate will be deposited into your PayPal account by May 28, 2007. If you made your purchase in Canadian Dollars you will receive the Canadian Dollar equivalent of $15.00 USD at the day of the rebate payment.

Limitations. Limit one registration and one $15.00 USD rebate per PayPal Account. Offer available for a limited time. Offer is limited to PayPal users in the United States and Canada. PayPal account must be in good standing prior to and throughout the offer period to qualify.

I got in on the last one that they had right after Thanksgiving...I'm in on this one, too. :D

Thanks for the info, and i got in on the one after thanksgiving as well, pretty awesome!

well I just pulled the trigger on 2gb of Corsair XMS2-6400 from ZipZoomFly for $165AR- $15. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I was going to buy the RAM anyway, so an extra $15 down the road is gravy to me.

I tried to sign up and it told me:

"Were sorry. The email address you provided does not qualify for this special cash-rebate offer.

If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate. "

Looks like I am out of luck. Granted I don't use paypal very often but I don't see why they would limit this offer??

Jarlax said:
I tried to sign up and it told me:

"Were sorry. The email address you provided does not qualify for this special cash-rebate offer.

If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate. "

Looks like I am out of luck. Granted I don't use paypal very often but I don't see why they would limit this offer??

Hmmm....as long as the email address that you used is the one you have registered with paypal, it should have worked. Not sure what to tell you :shrug:

Well I was in on the last one and they put the $20 in my paypal account no problems but when I try to register for this one I get the same thing Jarlax gets. It will not let me in.

Paypal changed the eligibilty terms of the deal.
paypal20the20firstml8.jpg

to
paypal20the20secondqx3.jpg

Found randomly on Consumerist.com

I think if you got in before the change, you still might get the $$, completely not sure on this.

Just curious if anyone who didn't receive an 'invitation' but who did buy something for $30 got their money yet. I'm going to hold out for as long as I can, since I wasn't one of the invitees and would only be interested in buying something for $30/50%...

I was thinking about looking for this thread and I see someone else dug it up, thanks ;)

So has anyone gotten their $15 yet? Last one supposedly did not take until the end of the rebate period. If this one is the same I ought to be seeing mine already but I haven't :( Maybe I'll email Paypal...

You know that's bull**** what they pulled. This is what changed as far as I can tell:
"You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal or if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST. "

I *think* I registered my 'premier' Paypal account in that time without receiving an email. I went to register my non-CC trader PP acct and got the message 'You are not eligible blah blah.' Somehow it doesn't seem legal for them to change the terms like that although I'm sure their lawyers looked in to it. Maybe I'll send something to my Attorney General just for the heck of it, I'm tired of companies pulling bs like this and just getting away with it. Also they have to be pretty retarded to not realize that things like this spread like wildfire on the net.

MadMan007 said:
This is what changed as far as I can tell:
"You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal or if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST. "

Well, I got mine in on 2/8/07 so I guess I qualify. I just bought something on ebay for $30+ so we'll see in a month if I get the $15 back. If I don't there's hell to pay. :p

Back