• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spend $30 via Paypal at any store that takes it (including eBay) and get $15 back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The offer now states that you have to receive an email invitation directly from paypal.

Wont allow me to use my email address that I use for paypal.

I don't think I ever got an email about this from paypal but I went ahead and tried to register for the offer anyway, and it didn't tell me I was uneligible, so you think that means I'll still get the rebate if I make a purchase?

Would it be illegal to use 10 different paypal account to buy 10 $30visa gift cards? Then I'd get a total of 150$ in rebates and still have my $300 worth of gift cards that are basically as good as cash anyway.

Dubbedoutgeo27 said:
Would it be illegal to use 10 different paypal account to buy 10 $30visa gift cards? Then I'd get a total of 150$ in rebates and still have my $300 worth of gift cards that are basically as good as cash anyway.

You have to make an ebay purchase or a purchase from an online vendor that accepts paypal (goods only). It's in the terms.

no $15 back for me yet. I thought the rebate is going to come in May '07?
I read that somewhere. Maybe on Fatwallet.

Luie said:
I thought the rebate is going to come in May '07?
I read that somewhere. Maybe on Fatwallet.

They had said the same thing during their last promotion, but people started seeing their refunds within weeks of their purchases.

I wouldn't be surprised if paypal stiffs just about everyone. It's not like they don't screw people all the time with their poorly implimented buyer protection. I rolled the dice and bought some discounted items I needed anyway on eBay, so whether or not I see the refund won't make/break anything for me. Usually with rebates I exercise 'buyer beware' and don't count on it. So far the best rebate return rates have been with Best Buy and Staples.

Well The $30+ that I spent was going to be spent anyway, so I won't feel bad about that...but I will have a "Paypal Sucks Party" if they don't pay up.

TechJunky said:
The offer now states that you have to receive an email invitation directly from paypal.

Wont allow me to use my email address that I use for paypal.

Same here.

"You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal or if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST."

Oh well, missed this one ... :(

Ha_hA_HA! said:
Same here.

"You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal or if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST."

Oh well, missed this one ... :(

Ahhh I missed that last part. Thanks for bolding it :) Well in that case, I should hopefully get my rebate since I did it on the 8th

Pinky said:
You have to make an ebay purchase or a purchase from an online vendor that accepts paypal (goods only). It's in the terms.
I understand that.

But there is websites online that sell visa gift cards and accept paypal.

I'm not actually gonna do it, I'm pretty sure there's something illegal about it.

lol

But If I dont find anything to buy before the end of this offer, I'll just but 1 gift card.

Well I finally went for this deal with a game purchase from the Egg (Silent Hunter 4) .

I know Iam eligable and my email is good , so now lets see what happens . If the $15 never shows than I'll have paid more $$$ than I'd usually like for a pc game .. :( . If all goes as planned , then I'll have saved a total of $20 ; this including the added Egg's promo of -$5 for shipping code PAYPAL10 . Not bad if it all works out :D .

Last edited:
Just got $15 today. I signed up for this deal but never acted on it. I guess I paid for something on ebay and it counted? Unexpected 15 bucks back, yay.

Back