• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Springdale!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
strict settings? prime95?

have you gotten a good overclock?

I have OCZ 3500EL and I am awaiting a SL6S2 to be able to put up my FSB (maybe to arrive at 250 with amd arrived at 230 of fsb with that memory)

maxvla,

why do you have the memory in both of the "A" slots???

put them in A1 and B1, and see if you have the ratios you need.

mica

micamica1217 said:
maxvla,

why do you have the memory in both of the "A" slots???

put them in A1 and B1, and see if you have the ratios you need.

mica
yes when i first installed the ram it was both in the A slots. that was when i took the picture. that made it single channel.

since then i have put the ram in A1 and B1 and that has engaged dual channel. dual channel seems to have a REALLY tough time operating at all. 133mhz requires 2.95v in dual mode.

AcUaViVa said:
strict settings? prime95?

have you gotten a good overclock?

I have OCZ 3500EL and I am awaiting a SL6S2 to be able to put up my FSB (maybe to arrive at 250 with amd arrived at 230 of fsb with that memory)
i have the memory relaxed to 2.5 4, 4, 8

its not the memory.

i'm not even going to try prime95 because 140fsb isn't worth crap right now.

no this is a terrible overclock.

Maxvla said:

yes when i first installed the ram it was both in the A slots. that was when i took the picture. that made it single channel.

since then i have put the ram in A1 and B1 and that has engaged dual channel. dual channel seems to have a REALLY tough time operating at all. 133mhz requires 2.95v in dual mode.

maybe the mobo undervolts?

man, I'm sorry to hear of your sad state with this mobo.
(mica gives an offering to the OCing gods for a bios update)

good luck

mica

micamica1217 said:

maybe the mobo undervolts?

man, I'm sorry to hear of your sad state with this mobo.
(mica gives an offering to the OCing gods for a bios update)

good luck

mica
the board actually just slightly overvolts. 1.700 in bios reads 1.705-1.709.

maybe the sticks cant work together, you should try it with memory that was tested to like eachother in dual ddr.

Vulpes said:
maybe the sticks cant work together, you should try it with memory that was tested to like eachother in dual ddr.
tested dual ddr in a Epox 8RDA+ at 210fsb.

sorry to hear that :(

maybe yours is just a defective mobo or something :-/ i´d RMA it

the vdimm at 3.3v looks good tho, looks like a good oc'ing mobo

Max, we have been debating who has been unluckier over the last couple of weeks, and although I took the lead initially we are running neck and neck.

Wanna buy a gigabyte sinxp1394 or a couple of 2.4bs? I also have some sweet non-winbond twinMOS ram sticks for you.

couple of 2.4b's ey ras...... how much you sell a chip like that to me for??? (seriously.....)

Hey max its okay hopefully MSI will come out with a newer better bios... have you and the stick of mem your using just regular kingston pc2700 valueram???? hmmmm maybe the board has problems with that ram? why not try a different company or something....

could just be that the board doesn't like that ram?

its possible but i don't have another set of matching ram to test your theory.

as far as a new bios... the NDA on the 865 chipset isn't supposed to be lifted until late May if I remember correctly. I'm not going to see anything about this board until after that date, which means i'm stuck with this bios for a while.

oops said:
you should get a P4G8X-D instead...
I'd rather stay with springdale or canterwood. None of the granite bay motherboards are flexible enough for me.

My rig just crashed running 133mhz fsb dual channel mode with 2.95v going through the memory.

There is more than a bios problem going on here. Thats high instability at stock speeds with way more than stock voltage.

I should have my P4C800 on Tuesday. I'll post the results of the 1.8a, 512MB Corsair XMS PC3500 on Wednesday. I'm hoping to hit 200fsb.

Dividers are locked on this board. It even says it in the bios. Big fat Locked.

My gigabyte canterwood has 2.0 and 2.5 dividers. I can run my FSB at 160 and my memory at DDR 400 or 200MHZ easily.

I went into the advanced options and the RAM is at 2,2,2,7 when set to auto.

I toke the auto off and set the RAM to manual and put it at 2,2,2,6 to start and it seems okay. Then it flashed to boot screen in the middle of BlackHawk down. :eek:

So, Its stable at 2,2,2,7 with those settings.

I wanted to see how I could get 2,2,2,5 though as this is what my memory chips are tested at. So, I drop the DDR400 and put it at 160FSB and 2.0 divider. It comes out at 320DDR.

Was able to boot at 2,2,2,5 at this speed, but it also flashed to the boot screen in a game. :eek:

So in conclusion,

I think my processor is maxing at 3.2 and needs more voltage. I had it at stock voltages the whole time. I am pretty sure the memory is okay, as I can get it running at 200MHZ in Dual channel if I relax the timings alittle.

I might just drop down to 3.1 so I can maintain stability at 2,2,2,5 and still keep my CPU at stock voltage.

order the p4c800

I would get this board LAST. As it has no CSA support. :eek:

you know if the NEO2 canterwood has divisors?

This gigabyte canerwood has dividers and TONS of manual options. It is a VERY good overclocker so far.

The ONLY problem I am having so far is the nice Easytuner 4 software is not working with the new chipset. I emailed gigabyte to inquire on it already.

Another perk to this board. The cost is down to 155 now. :D :D

Back