• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

---Stepping Explanation---

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All right all ready....it's stuck. :p

Now stop calling my house at 3 AM! :p

j/k... I'da stuck it sooner if I'd seen it before now.

Cheers! :beer:

B.

well, i got mine through someone at AMD. it's a laptop chip, but an XP 1600+ and runs stock at 1.5volts and comes factory unlocked.

it's a dream chip to me, i have mine at 2.15ghz on water :p

My 2000+:
AGOIA0217MPM

Is that oen of the good year/week?

I know AGOIA's are generally good overclockers, just wondering about the year/week

Also, this thread is a great help, and learned something here!

i can't really tell without the first number/letter of the second line but it looks good to me! all AGOIAs normally overclock well. :p

I had it all written down, I didnt think it was that important, if I find it I'll post it.

I know AGOIA's are pretty good overclockers.. Ive seen it :D

Just a note, as I learned not too long ago, what is commonly referred to as a "stepping" is really a "revision code"...

I also created something of a chart that I'll paste below for ease...

Code:
XP1500+  AGKGA (10) AGOGA (8) AGKFA (6) AGNGA (4)
XP1600+  AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) ARKGA (6) AGNGA (5) AGLHA (4) AROGA (3) ARNGA (2)
XP1700+  AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) ANGKA (6) ARKGA (5) AGNGA (4) ARNGA (3)
XP1800+  AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) AKYGA (6) AGLHA (5) ARKGA (4) AGNGA (3) 
XP1900+  AGNGA (10) AROIA (9) AGKGA (8) AGOGA (7) AGLHA (6) AGOIA (5) AGKGA (4) 
XP2000+  AGOIA (10) AROIA (9) AGOGA (8) AGNGA (7) 
XP2100+  AGOIA (10) AGOGA (9)

pinky actually for 1600+ at least AROIA's usually clock better than AGOIA's. especially AROIA Y's. my friend has a AROIA Y 0220 and it does 1.9ghz with 1.775 v only. it takes 1.97v to do 2ghz. this is w/ a slk 800 and delta 80

the only things that would improve this sticky are if you expanded your database to include at the least newer durons and add a rating to each stepping. That way people have a little bit of a guide to whether ornot their chip is a dog or a god...

Emericana said:
pinky actually for 1600+ at least AROIA's usually clock better than AGOIA's. especially AROIA Y's. my friend has a AROIA Y 0220 and it does 1.9ghz with 1.775 v only. it takes 1.97v to do 2ghz. this is w/ a slk 800 and delta 80

I agree, but have yet to see enough of these results from enough of the AROIA owners to make it definitive... which is why it's still second and until the overclockers.com database gets inundated with some AROIA overclocks at the top then it's going to have to remain there...

Besides, it was only a "guide"... nothing final should be drawn here as some AGOIA can't get past 1.7ghz at 1.85v ...

Basic but very helpful information when i see these terms but do not know what they mean. Also, Why i cannot see your pictures they appear as X graphic with the box:(

Back