• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange OEM 650 ti - with SLI connector??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3line

Guys, I came across this odd OEM version of the GTX650 going for about $60 from multiple sellers on ebay, and I've been trying to rack my brains trying to figure out what I am seeing here. At first I thought it could be a mislabeled Ti Boost, as it does have an extra-length PCB, but it looks nothing like it. For that matter, it looks nothing like a standard 650 or 650 ti as well.

Can anyone help me figure out what this is?

The card in question - Note the odd rearward placement of the SLI connector
11PVIV0.jpg
Qx3JQBa.jpg

REFERENCE PHOTOS

650 Ti Boost - Note the 90 degree turned power connector, the double set of fan mounting holes, and the sli connector close to the outputs. Memory chips are on both sides of the PCB.
nvidia-650ti-boost-9.jpg
650TI-boost-cards-sli.jpg

650 Ti - No SLI connector, short PCB, 4 memory chips on each side
gtx650ti-21b.jpg

Gigabyte-GTX-650-Cooler-Comp.jpg

I wouldn't buy that GPU, there's a LOT of inconsistencies on the listing.

I'm not buying it, if that's what you're afraid of. I'm looking to satisfy my curiosity.

Seems like some sort of knockoff to me, honestly.
If it is a real GPU it'll be a 650Ti Boost, because the GPU chip itself doesn't have SLI capability on the 650Ti or 650.

That reseller, looks dodgy as heck. His/her feedback is 87% positive.

3 other guys selling the exact same card with >98% pos feedback
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-384Bit-...576?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item51c1bdc998
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GeForce...993?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4d1ecb9801
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GeForce...355?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item2ed4f6082b

It's probably the most common OEM 650 (if that's what it is) on ebay right now, which is why I'm curious.

It's probably a knockoff. The "real card" is made in factory, and knockoffs could be made from parts that didn't make the cut. System builders are possible by these cards up because they are so inexpensive.

ummmmmmmmmmmm...... 650TI boost..........?

Just to see what is was i went and bought it. Nvidia auto detected it as a nvidia geforce 650 ti. It give the fps standards that nvidia says it should. It actually is vary good. I was going to return it because i already had a 650 ti but i sold my old gpu and this is my new one. I get 40 fps on bf4 with medium to high settings and low AA.

All specs aside the yellow nvidia logos on the non-reference cooler are the first sign this thing's on Shady Lane. No authorized board partner could get away with misusing NV's branding like that. God knows who made it but I can see from here that there's a scary amount of nothing on that custom PCB. I get the impression whoever redesigned that board had a lot of important looking crap left over. I sure wouldn't run it for long in any machine I cared about.

All specs aside the yellow nvidia logos on the non-reference cooler are the first sign this thing's on Shady Lane. No authorized board partner could get away with misusing NV's branding like that. God knows who made it but I can see from here that there's a scary amount of nothing on that custom PCB. I get the impression whoever redesigned that board had a lot of important looking crap left over. I sure wouldn't run it for long in any machine I cared about.

That thing is a liability. I would trust it at all. I find it suspicious that the poster above you joined, so they could post how well the card works.

Back