• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surfrat's 651 Results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to agree with Sen, I would also RMA it why lap it an really void the warrenty. Lot of cabbage for a messed IHS

I will be staying right where I am at now. It is 100% stable, and I am very happy with it. The heat/IHS issue is gonna keep me form bumping the vcore any more. I am very lucky this chip responded so well to the low well vcore, cause if I had to put 1.4 or higher it would have melted in the socket :)

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Nice, are you going to keep the chip or fix the IHS issue? 4.7Ghz would be a nice little goal :).

The way this things is running now, I more then likely will be keeping it. I wish it was cooler, but if it continues to run 24/7 for another week or so, then I may bite the bullet and attempt to fix the IHS. The way I see it, this thing is at least 8c hotter then it should be. If I could knock those 8c off, 4.7 would be easy. Hell It loaded windows at 4.7 on default vcore.

On a side note, those two 120mm fans we added to the side of the case dropped my video card temp by 5c. Amazing! :)

BTW, take some pics of your modding! Sen told me it turned out perfect :). Also, if your going to fix it / keep it, I would recommend lapping it (Only if you arn't going to RMA it)

I would lap it or rip off the IHS of a good clocking chip before RMAing it. :)

Nice clocks... what are your idle/load temps on stock volts and stock clocks? What are your idle/load and voltage on your main OC? Dunno if it was mentioned...

g0dM@n said:
I would lap it or rip off the IHS of a good clocking chip before RMAing it. :)

Nice clocks... what are your idle/load temps on stock volts and stock clocks? What are your idle/load and voltage on your main OC? Dunno if it was mentioned...

Currently at 1.325 volts - Idol is 43c, Load from PcMark04 was 63c. Load from dual Prime Instances was 68c!

I don't know what load was at default settings, but Idol was 40c.

Last edited:
g0dM@n said:
Have you made a decision yet? :)

Also, what's stock voltage..

Stock voltage is 1.300

havn't compeltely made up my mind, but if someone made me an offer on it I could not refuse, well you know, everything is for sale for the right price :)

Last edited:
Well put hte 651 on the new water setup. Just getting started with it, but here are a couple screenshots.

275fsb @ 1.375 vcore. Did pcmark with ease.

275fsb.JPG

Minor upgrade. Wanted to be over 4.7ghz so i bumped it to 277 fsb. Left vcore the same at 1.375. You can see the extreme difference at idol in my vcore on this board. CPU-Z read 1.43 at idol!

277fsb.JPG

Actually 4.9 seems to the best i can do with it! Anything over 290 fsb and it wont boot
4.9 was a "hump" for me too...how much Vc are you running for 4.9? Mine absolutely needed 1.55Vc to be stable enough to PCMark04 @ 5GHz. 1.525-1.535Vc it would start and not score. What are your load temps?

Yeah, that idle Vc stinks. I had to wait to redo my vdroop mod to set the Vc any higher because it overvolted so much at idle...would've been 1.60V easy set at 1.55.

Ross said:
4.9 was a "hump" for me too...how much Vc are you running for 4.9? Mine absolutely needed 1.55Vc to be stable enough to PCMark04 @ 5GHz. 1.525-1.535Vc it would start and not score. What are your load temps?

Yeah, that idle Vc stinks. I had to wait to redo my vdroop mod to set the Vc any higher because it overvolted so much at idle...would've been 1.60V easy set at 1.55.

yea I didnt even try to set it above 1.475 cause of the droop problem. So I guess that is the reason.

Nice results surf. Can you see a big difference now that your on water? I am really considering a water cooling setup but funds are a little tight until i sell one of my cpu's. :) I'm also considering lapping my 661 since it's not selling. :eh?: My IHS isn't that bad but it can only get better after a lap job.

dylskee said:
Nice results surf. Can you see a big difference now that your on water? I am really considering a water cooling setup but funds are a little tight until i sell one of my cpu's. :) I'm also considering lapping my 661 since it's not selling. :eh?: My IHS isn't that bad but it can only get better after a lap job.

Yea another 200mhz stable at lower temps. Will do up to 4.9 now, but my droop worries me so I dont run it there.

just wanted to say, i got 7302 with my 920 at 4.0ghz... why is this chip scoring lower then mine? i am STRONGLY considering picking up a cedar mill in addition to my 920, then selling the 920 if the cedar mill performs better. but if im scoring higher with a crappy video card, and not the best ram in the world? ill keep the DC.

Back