• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MC370 vs. GlobalWin CAK38

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeUser

Registered
hi, I'm planning on replacing my oem fan on my 1.33ghz Athlon. Can I get some opinions on what HSF I should get? I'm thinking that the Swiftech would be a better cooler, but since the CAK38 is relatively new, and also made of solid copper it may/may not be better. I'll be using the Delta 38cfm fan...

As a third contender, consider the ThermalRight SK6. The pre-production performance reviewed here:

It is impressive, when paired with the Delta 38 fan. Here is ThermalRights Web site:

No indication at their site as to when they will ship. Given that they should offer it with or without a fan, I would get one without the fan and hack it up to a quieter 80mm fan.

Hoot

Are you meaning to compare the Swiftech MC462A or the MC370? I would think the MC462A is a way better cooler. Between the MC370 and the CAK, I'd choose the CAK.

SickBoy

hi, thanks for the replies. I'm not considering the MC462 since I'm not sure if it would fit on a fic ad11 board. Does anyone know if any of the coolers I mentioned would have any problems fitting on my motherboard? After reading some reviews I'm leaning towards the CAK. Are there any direct comparisons between the CAK, MC370, and Thermalright?

Don't really trust the reviews unless it comes from the board. Every system is different starting with airflow in & out of the case & room temp. My new 462A dropped me 3*c over my PEP66 on low fan. Was it worth $98 to upgrade, really not & the noise is no better between the two. They both whine. Had two Y/S 26cfm on the PEP. That Delta 38cfm fan is a whiner!

Look at buying a cooper unit!

Pat

I dont think your MOBO has the mounting spec for the Mc-462a anyways, oh boy thats a tough one..the Mc-370 or the ****...I Mean CAK, ..the 370 Kick some serious ***, but the CAK is all copper and the fan isnt mounted flush to the heatsink...NICE..VERY NICE, ya know, Apples being apples..Id go with the CAK, just because it is all Copper, has High flow noisey fan, and the way they spaced the fan up off the heatsink, this would make for nice cooling...

JoeUser (May 02, 2001 03:33 a.m.):
hi, I'm planning on replacing my oem fan on my 1.33ghz Athlon. Can I get some opinions on what HSF I should get? I'm thinking that the Swiftech would be a better cooler, but since the CAK38 is relatively new, and also made of solid copper it may/may not be better. I'll be using the Delta 38cfm fan...

The CAK should be a good choice.

Back