• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im lost here...

You dont have a BTC wallet, payments are sent to you local btc account?

Please explain the difference?

That's exactly correct....I only use the local bitcoins account. Although on local bitcoins it's labeled as a ''wallet'', I'm really referring to the literal bitcoin client that you would download onto your PC and has to sync with the network and all that jazz.

That's exactly correct....I only use the local bitcoins account. Although on local bitcoins it's labeled as a ''wallet'', I'm really referring to the literal bitcoin client that you would download onto your PC and has to sync with the network and all that jazz.

Thats the ticket.

I only use my Local wallet. Gonna hit 2btc today when waffle payout. :attn:

Well they say that's dangerous to do because it's always subject to hacking and stealing your BTC when you have them on an online wallet as opposed to the bitcoin client.

If I mined to hold, I would use the client and not an online wallet.

Continuing the wattage talk here... I just tested my MSI 7950 on my other desktop and its pulling 360 watts at the same settings as my miner

This is with a TX750 with a Core 2 duo CPU

The 290 sucks 480 watts in this setup... so... could be a faulty Kill-a-watt reading... or they are just that power hungry...

but at the same time, with just my 30Ghash miner which sucks about 150 watts it reports 280 watts with the rest of the system in idle (which is about 90 watts with the miner removed)

Is that a bios flashed 290? I cant beleive it pulls that much. Did you see the efficiency thread? I have a 4930k and 2x 290x that sucks only 725w. 875 watts with primeminer running 12 threads and both gpu's mining.

That seems pretty high. Have you tried swapping onto your main rig?

Gonna try my main rig, but I've already tested on 2 rigs, with 2 different PSUs

Is that a bios flashed 290? I cant beleive it pulls that much. Did you see the efficiency thread? I have a 4930k and 2x 290x that sucks only 725w. 875 watts with primeminer running 12 threads and both gpu's mining.

Stock bios on both the 7950 and the R9 290, I can switch the 290 to the flashed version though... but I have to over volt it a bit or the driver fails.

Didn't Ivan run his 290's undervolted and overclocked a bit? to like 975 Mhz core or something?

Maybe you cards need more power than others?? :shrug:

290 + 290X sucking 880watts on my main rig... accoarding to the kill-a-watt...

170watt idle with my CPU @ 4.9ghz and 1.45v

Didn't Ivan run his 290's undervolted and overclocked a bit? to like 975 Mhz core or something?

Maybe you cards need more power than others?? :shrug:

I have three 290's going and it's at 955w for my rig.

His killawatt sucks...290s with stock clocks mining scrypt: 288w.
After Stilt's 1.225v bios same clocks, higher hash, 225w.

7950 draws close to 250w at stock, ghz edition 1.25v, and undervolted less than 200w. More like 180w per card. Tested on a few different killawatts and cards.

Some go as low as 160w at 650kh/s.

That's discounting the 20% efficiency loss at the wall.

Any tips on getting the WUE% up?

6850 hovers around 89 % and the 270x hovers around 90% :-/
No too impressive...

measured my 2x7950, 3 5870s at 1100W from the wall, not tooo bad.
just got an email from CGremote as well, looks like there is some sweet new features, have to try them out :)
So what's new in this version?

Improved Stability - we've identified stability issues and rewrote the code to mitigate the freezes and hang ups. We've also found and fixed a couple memory leaks that would manifest in certain conditions.
Pool Setup Wizard - this feature allows you to add or switch pools on all, or selected, miners in just a few short steps. The wizard gives you several options for assigning worker names to each miner. There are also options to replace pools and to save pool changes so they persist even after the miner is restarted.
Remove Selected Pool from Miners - remove a pool from all, or selected, miners in just a few clicks. This feature, as well as the Add/Switch Pool Wizard, can be accessed by clicking on Pools in the toolbar, then right-clicking on a pool.
Disable Graphical Enhancements - this option in Settings -> Display will reduce the graphical footprint of CGRemote so it uses less GPU resources when it is running on a computer that is also GPU mining.
Sending Coins to CGWatcher - this feature has been improved, allowing you to manage all of your coins in CGRemote, then have them pushed out to your miners running CGWatcher. Coins you've manually added, as well as adjustments and the 'Do not remove' flag are also now sent to CGWatcher. Not only does it make managing coins easier, it can also dramatically reduce API calls for those users who have purchased API access on CoinWarz.
Network Data Usage - In Settings -> Network you can view the data usage (bytes sent and bytes received) from communicating with the miners. (This does not include web usage, such as downloading coin profitability data.)
Increased Miner Size in Grid View - We've increased the size of each miner in grid view just enough to show more of the coin and pool.
Device Window - When viewing a device, the window is now updated whenever the miner is refreshed. More information has been added, as well as a control panel for GPUs allowing you to change settings, enable/disable, and restart them.
Hide/Un-hide Miners - You can now hide selected miners you don't want to see without having to remove them.
Text Editor Line Returns - We've fixed the Text Editor line returns so the text appears correctly, and the line returns are even preserved during copy/paste with Notepad.
Minimize to System Tray - When CGRemote is minimized, it will disappear from the taskbar and present an icon in the system tray. To restore the CGRemote window, just double-click on its system tray icon.
Many Other Bug Fixes and Improvements - We've fixed settings that didn't work correctly, fixed the issue causing the wrong coins to be displayed for current pools, added support for new miners like SGMiner and VertMiner, and literally hundreds of other changes and improvements.

Well, bumping my core upto 1225 on the 270X with mem @ 1500 gives me ~530kh/s. Temps are going to hold me back from going higher with target temp @ 75c (ambient is around 21c). Not sure if more fans will help or not, besides the 2 120's in the front of the case, there is a 120 in the bottom blowing up, which hits the GPU pretty good. as well as a 120 exhaust, and the rad for the h100 exhausting. I have a couple 80mm fans and a 90mm I might try to get some more direct airflow on the card with. (love this xIntensity though, the dynamic throttle throws me off sometimes)

Haven't decided whether or not I'm going to try downvolting yet. Having to already RMA the card once I might just leave it alone, and it's not a dedicated mining card, also use it for gaming, not sure if mining stable = gaming stable

Attachments

• tweak.JPG
    tweak.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Mining stable and gaming stable are totally different. My 7950 will let me game with my memory at 1500, but I need to drop my core down a bit while gaming.

I figured as much. Also noticed that all the reviews I've read for my card say it has elpida memory, but gpu-z is reporting hynix...? Difference?

Back