• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nicely done Luke!

I'll have to try that 1225 core now.
What voltage did you need?

EDIT: .... Odd, I loose hashrate at those clock speeds... :-/

Last edited:
1.206 (default) afaik

Wow, that's considerably lower than my default. It's 1.24 volts.
Anyway, yeah, 1205 core gives the best hashrate, ~512 Kh.

Still, who thought a 270x would give over 500 Kh anyway? :)
Nice work Luke!

Now, you gotta figure out how many more watts it eats up like that..

Luke to determine your memory download the tahiti info program from this site. It will tell your your exact memory. Also manufactures will use both elpida and hynix on the same model cards depending on different factors, mainly cost.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=15902.msg128577#msg128577

Ill check it out, I already know what software is saying is on it though, just wondering if the hynix is better. My guess is that its a newer card

Wow, that's considerably lower than my default. It's 1.24 volts.
Anyway, yeah, 1205 core gives the best hashrate, ~512 Kh.

Still, who thought a 270x would give over 500 Kh anyway? :)
Nice work Luke!

Now, you gotta figure out how many more watts it eats up like that..

Lol, bro thats the boost voltage :) Standard is something like 1.163 (screenie of defaults)

Attachments

• bios.JPG
    bios.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 105
Ill check it out, I already know what software is saying is on it though, just wondering if the hynix is better. My guess is that its a newer card

Lol, bro thats the boost voltage :) Standard is something like 1.163 (screenie of defaults)
Nope. That's stock.
Before the BIOS mod, it was 1243 mV @ boot, and in all of the performance stages.

*facepalm* Nope, stock is 1188 mV. My bad, I thought it was 1243 Mv...
Hynix tends to offer higher memory speeds

+1
Hynix rocks! :attn:

Hmmm, thinking of getting a share of a KNC Titan group buy.

I did the math, feelings aside lol, and it's looking real good, considering the scrypt hash rate will increase in 700gh/s, it won't be so bad at all. Say you get 1/40 of a 250mh/s miner for 0.5 BTC like the group buy I'm looking at offers, you'd get between 0.01-0.015btc/day with it, or 0.5-0.6ltc/day. (not all of the asic miners will mine one coin, so hash will get dilluted between ALL the scrypt asics).

GPU mining scrypt will be pretty bad, but if prices rise it might still be decent, but alternate algos will probably work much better still. (keep in mind these asics are 28nm and 20nm parts won't show up until next year probably, knc works with TSMC afaik).
We'd be looking at a 30% increase in perf once the next gen arrives, and it'll take some time, so your asic would last a few months mining decently.

I believe my elpida memory is printed right on the ram chips. If you are able to look at your chips check and see.

Myriad has had a nice bump in price. I switched one rig over mining solo a few days ago. Looks like a good move, right now. I haven't seen a cause for the jump.

Myriad has had a nice bump in price. I switched one rig over mining solo a few days ago. Looks like a good move, right now. I haven't seen a cause for the jump.

I sold my last bits of MYR when I saw the price jump.

But the diff is sky high for the algos :( Not sure if it's worth mining AND the Skein pool I was using is now gone. Someone was getting free shares and they didn't want to fix it.

Back to myriad coin, splitting off my full power going vert, so approximately 3-scrypt-MH going Myr.

Getting close to my 100vert goal though, may spend a day or two with my main rig on myr as it continues to be profitable.

Nice silver. No graffiti?

Q: Why 2 hard drives? I'm assuming this is for mining, and I know you like using windows for teamviewer.

Back