• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2 things:

1: I BIOS modded my 270x to use 1156 mV, and all is stable mining, but now GPU-z is reporting that the card is stuck at Pcie 2.0 4x???
Huh? Why is my 270x suddenly running at 4x instead of the usual 16x??

I tested farcry 2, ~ 90-112 FPS everything maxed out, so I only lost like 10 FPS :p I guess it's not a big deal, but very strange...

2: Does anyone know when cryptorush will fix their BTC wallet? I devised a plan to make BTC and get my BTC out of there. (Buy POT coin and sell on craptsy since craptsy was higher priced :thup: ) But POT withdrawals are screwed up too.

Any other way and I loose at least 0.006 BTC :( (LOL that's a lot for me!)

Or maybe gpuz is messing up.

Maybe! :D
I can't find an explanation other than the voltage is set too low.
Not sure if that's the cause, and how that affects the link speeds. :-/

EDIT: Pc Wizard (from CPUID) is also reporting x4 link width...
So that port really is in x4 mode. :screwy:

x4.PNG

I doubt it's voltage if it's running stable. Maybe try reseating it?

EDIT: You can prove this theory my raising you voltage and checking to see if it jumps to x16 again.

I doubt it's voltage if it's running stable. Maybe try reseating it?

EDIT: You can prove this theory my raising you voltage and checking to see if it jumps to x16 again.

No difference.

I dunno, I flashed the 1175mV BIOS to it, 16x link.
Flash the 1156mV BIOS, 4x link. wtf?!:shrug:

Weird. Thank god it's nearly impossible to saturate the entire Pcie 2.0 4x bandwidth! :thup:

... What slot is your 6850 populating...? Is the PCI-e lane shared??

6850 is shoved in that pci 1x slot I cut open.

couldn't tell you if it's shared. BIOS is so locked down and dull/useless :bang head

There is only 1 16x slot, and the 270x is in that one.

Right, but sometimes a PCI-e lane is "shared" And if more than 1 is populated it only has just so much bandwith. Should be able to find out googling your board if the PCI-e x16 shares with the PCI-e x1

Think of it as a 2 lane road. With 1 car it's not a problem, it's the only car, no cars to pass, noone to slow it down, so it goes from point a to point b without giving it a thought. Now, that same car, on the way home comes up behind another car that also trying to get home. Car A and Car B can't occupy the same space on the same road, so it has to pass and share the available road going in the same direction... (Note: it's more like a 16 lane highway, but you get the idea)

Right, but sometimes a PCI-e lane is "shared" And if more than 1 is populated it only has just so much bandwith. Should be able to find out googling your board if the PCI-e x16 shares with the PCI-e x1

Think of it as a 2 lane road. With 1 car it's not a problem, it's the only car, no cars to pass, noone to slow it down, so it goes from point a to point b without giving it a thought. Now, that same car, on the way home comes up behind another car that also trying to get home. Car A and Car B can't occupy the same space on the same road, so it has to pass and share the available road going in the same direction... (Note: it's more like a 16 lane highway, but you get the idea)

Haha that's a good one Luke. :p
Finding info on my mobo is like finding a needle in a haystack! :rofl:

It weird, becasue it has always been at 16x mode even with the 6850 is the 1x slot. The only difference is the BIOS voltage of the 270x.

Has anyone tried 14.3 betas for mining? I got a pretty good increase for primecoin mining and was wondering if it translated to other algorithms too.

Has anyone tried 14.3 betas for mining? I got a pretty good increase for primecoin mining and was wondering if it translated to other algorithms too.

To late for me to try tonight, but I'll give it a go tomorrow evening and see if it boosts my 290x. Would love to play with Mantle more, but 14.1/14.2 drivers kill my mining performance.

Any news on the new drivers??

Also, an email from LEETPOOLS:

--- LEETPOOLS - POOL CLOSURES - GET YOUR COINS ---
==============================================
Attention LeetPool users:

We are emailing you to let you know about our pool closures.

We are shutting down unpopular pools due to the lack in user interest and miners.

The following pools will be closed:
http://greece.leetpools.net/mpos/
http://aurora.leetpools.com
http://spain.leetpools.net/
http://digibyte.leetpools.com/

YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO WITHDRAW YOUR COINS. ONCE THE POOL IS CLOSED YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR ACCOUNT AND COINS (THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE).

On a positive note: In the following weeks we will be launching several new pools for our users, and optimizing our services for a smoother user experience.

REMEMBER: If you want a coin, just come in IRC and let us know!

<3

So get your coins out if you have any there!

Just ordered 2 Gridseed asic's to try them out. Anyone else running these? Another guy I was talking too convinced me to pick these up, he said they are easy to set up and far more stable than GPU mining.

But cost more money than a gtx 750 ti 2gb and can't mine alternate algorithms...you just shot yourself in the foot. ROI will take forever.

I'd resell it and get some gtx 750 ti 2gb's instead, 40w per 300kh/s for scrypt, 177mh/s keccak, 3.5kh/s n factor 14 jane/chacha, 150kh/s for vertcoin, yadda yadda. 179usd.

Back