• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
40W? They are more like 75w with the overclock to get 300kh. Also, the gridseeds are the same price and get Atleast 350kh on 7w, so I don't understand your argument on roi at all.

I paid 165 each BTW, not sure where you are looking that's more than 180 jeez.

40W? They are more like 75w with the overclock to get 300kh. Also, the gridseeds are the same price and get Atleast 350kh on 7w, so I don't understand your argument on roi at all.

I paid 165 each BTW, not sure where you are looking that's more than 180 jeez.

lol, wait till asics hit massively and scrypt diff goes to hell.
Resell that crap asap.
And no, it's hard locked at 39.5w, and 1400mhz core is nothing for Maxwell.
Source: I've had one.

Sorry if my tone is a bit rough, but you didn't even read my post and I took the time to share the different hash speeds for most algorithms there. That's a really useful resource...

Sorry but there's no way in hell you're only drawing 40w on scrypt or scrypt-N, especially with that kind of overclock. I want to see a pic of the watt meter. Where did you get that info about locked at 39.5w? I have never heard that at all. They are rated at 65w for a reason, if they only used 40w they'd be damn sure to rate them at 40 because it makes them look better. If they only used 40w, there would be no need for any 750 Ti's to have a 6 pin connector as they would be no where near 75w, but sadly they are.

Also, I have not heard of anyone mining at 1400 on one, I've mostly seen people in the 1200-1300 range. Perhaps you just had an extra special one or something, but I would definitely not say 1400 is ''nothing''.

Yes I know about the alt algos, but in my opinion the scrypt ASIC's aren't going to kill LTC like what happened to BTC. I plan to just mine straight LTC. Basically I plan keep getting gridseeds until I have about 2mh of them, and just set them and forget them. Even if mining straight LTC gets down to .001 per mh, they will still be profitable.

No offense but I've seen a lot of your posts that just seem bogus on the numbers. I saw in another thread that you said that 1mh scrypt equivalent is .0053 on Vertcoin, when calculators are showing .0046 per 1mh scrypt equivalent. When LTC is .0044, I'm not going to bother mining VTC because VTC is FAR less stable than LTC and the bottom could drop out any time on the value. So, sorry if I don't just believe the numbers you're throwing out but they seem very far fetched. You seem to be the ONLY person having all these numbers you're posting.

You probably think I'm foolish to only plan to mine LTC, well I think anyone that holds VTC is foolish. I guess we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Anchorman.Escalated.jpg

Mate, I work doing this...don't have time to reply to that wall of text.

Have fun being scammed.

EDIT: You can google the power usage, 300kh/s 39.5w...there are a few reviews out there.
Anyway, scrypt is POINTLESS. You'll see, eventually.

Second edit: http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-usage/

Also, I've heard you can't stop mining BTC with the gridseeds...poor choice, they will draw way more than 7w if used in dual mode.

Well I posted up to see if anyone else was running gridseeds not to be criticized for buying them (and in my opinion the criticism is wrong with the numbers posted).

Still have no idea how you can possibly claim 40w on a 750 Ti.

Sorry but there's no way in hell you're only drawing 40w on scrypt or scrypt-N, especially with that kind of overclock. I want to see a pic of the watt meter. Where did you get that info about locked at 39.5w? I have never heard that at all. They are rated at 65w for a reason, if they only used 40w they'd be damn sure to rate them at 40 because it makes them look better. If they only used 40w, there would be no need for any 750 Ti's to have a 6 pin connector as they would be no where near 75w, but sadly they are.

Also, I have not heard of anyone mining at 1400 on one, I've mostly seen people in the 1200-1300 range. Perhaps you just had an extra special one or something, but I would definitely not say 1400 is ''nothing''.

Yes I know about the alt algos, but in my opinion the scrypt ASIC's aren't going to kill LTC like what happened to BTC. I plan to just mine straight LTC. Basically I plan keep getting gridseeds until I have about 2mh of them, and just set them and forget them. Even if mining straight LTC gets down to .001 per mh, they will still be profitable.

No offense but I've seen a lot of your posts that just seem bogus on the numbers. I saw in another thread that you said that 1mh scrypt equivalent is .0053 on Vertcoin, when calculators are showing .0046 per 1mh scrypt equivalent. When LTC is .0044, I'm not going to bother mining VTC because VTC is FAR less stable than LTC and the bottom could drop out any time on the value. So, sorry if I don't just believe the numbers you're throwing out but they seem very far fetched. You seem to be the ONLY person having all these numbers you're posting.

You probably think I'm foolish to only plan to mine LTC, well I think anyone that holds VTC is foolish. I guess we'll see what happens.

The 750 Tis don't have a 6 pin connector... shows how much you know...

The 750 Tis don't have a 6 pin connector... shows how much you know...

I didn't say they all did, I said any. I'll try to be more clear in my text for simple minds.

There would be no need to have any 750 Ti's at all to have a 6 pin.

Last edited:
I didn't say they all did, I said any. I'll try to be more clear in my text for simple minds.

There would be no need to have any 750 Ti's at all to have a 6 pin.

Companies are free to do what they want, but the original design doesn't use a 6 pin, those that have 6pin connector already come overclocked farther than the OC version of non 6 pin equiped cards.

but like Ivan posted... proof is in the pudding

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-usage/

I had a 30GH BTC miner, only made 1 BTC since I got it back in november, and I regret ordereing it, don't make the same mistake... ASICS are worthless

+1 just trying to help. if you look hard at it... a money making piece of hardware. why would they sell it if they can mine themselves with it?

simple, they get interest free loans from the community to find their own private mining operations with specialized hardware which gets outdated rather quick.

Mining scrypt is very comparable to furmark. But according to you, it wouldn't even be able to use more than 40w.

Mining scrypt is very comparable to furmark. But according to you, it wouldn't even be able to use more than 40w.

It's your money, throw it away if you want, I had my experience with ASICS and it was a dissapointment.

Because you bought an sha-256 asic this late in the game?

Again, IMO scrypt asic's will not do the same thing that btc did. The main difference is the wide variety of scrypt coins. The more coins that are created the more it spreads out the load. Scrypt asic's will simply cause a higher demand for new coins.

If you want someone to listen to you, ivan, listen to them. I'm not sure why you're crapping on him just trying out some asics, you seem personally offended by it. Luis_GT why would you chime in like that? Is this overclock.net?

I find it offensive to get discredited that much when I'm actually working as a consultant for investors here in Argentina...and I'm also the OP for the main bitcoin thread at overclock.net and my points were confirmed by the review I posted.

As for the asics, yes, they do offend me, their manufacturers are scammers, selling their dusty miners once they are no longer as profitable via pre-orders.

The only guys who will sell you useful mining tech and carry it in stock are the gpu manufacturers, since they don't make money from mining nor need interest free loans to fund their R&D.

And I can show you 5+ reviews of a 750 Ti using more than 40w....so that completely debunks your theory that there is a 40w cap. And like I said, if it really only used 40w it would have been rated at 40w TDP. Manufacturers always want to list the lowest TDP possible.

Your opinion of ASIC's amuses me.

Also, the guy that did this mining ''review''-
http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/gtx-750-ti-cudaminer/

Doesn't even have an 80+ BRONZE psu. He claims his PSU is only 80-85% efficient, that means it's just 80+. Seriously? Yeah that's a pro review right there, I totally trust it now :rolleyes:

If you take into account 453w usage from the wall as stated, minus a ridiculous 20% that's 362w. I have nearly the same board/cpu setup as he does, it pulls a mere 40w from the wall with no GPUs in. 320w divided by 6 GPU's is STILL 53w each card. A far cry from the claimed 37w usage. His method is flawed, it obviously is NOT correct. And that's using 20%, if you take 15% efficiency each card uses 57w, a believable number with only +165 core clock.

87 read it all before you go all postal, I agree with you in general, just not some of the details.

Um.. it would actually be 79w minus the efficiency (63.2 @ 20%) loss to determine how much its using since he tested with 5 and 6 cards to show the difference. He didn't claim that his overclocked cards only used 37w OC'd anywhere that I read... He did claim that @ stock clocks it used 38.5, and that it increased to 65.5w overclocked (The 5 and 6 card kill-a-watt images are for the cards overclocked)

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's far from a top notch laboratory review, but it is a good real world demonstration IMO as to what the cards are doing

Back