• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32! *I Challenge You*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MLMIB said:
or the one who gets the most.....

and do they hafta fold 24/7, if I get my school to fold (7-3) thats like 200 comps, but the ppw wouldn't be insane 'cause they can't fold 24/7, would that suffice?

I think so according to the rules. It just has to be the amount of active cpu's. Heh, even if the ppw wouldn't be insane, its a help. Try and get those comps asap. The sooner we make up the gap in ppd between us and OCAU + [H] we will be able to start catching up.

Matt

yea, I'm workin on it, just gotta find the time to right a thorough essay to the head of computers in my school. that could be a while :-/ don't have much free time

The winner is the first person to hit 60. I guess that's not really 'beating' my record, but that's what the original post said sooo...

If a team wins, I'll figure something out. Obviously if it's a team of 20 peole, it's gonna cost me an arm and 3 legs to ship small things out to everyone... so... shrug, not sure what I'd do there. Hopefully that won't happen =p. If a smaller team wins, I could split prizes up. However, if in the case of FTWL, if they have 20 CPU and ONE member suddenly adds 50 cpus, I think it would be fair for that member to win the prize.

I have 2 equally valuable prizes that I'll probably add soon'ish. I'm really glad to see people jumping on this so enthusiastically, I was somewhat afraid people wouldn't take it seriously, or be intimidated by the target number.

Borg!
Borg!!
BORG!!!!

vonkaar said:
If a team wins, I'll figure something out. Obviously if it's a team of 20 peole, it's gonna cost me an arm and 3 legs to ship small things out to everyone... so... shrug, not sure what I'd do there. Hopefully that won't happen =p. If a smaller team wins, I could split prizes up. However, if in the case of FTWL, if they have 20 CPU and ONE member suddenly adds 50 cpus, I think it would be fair for that member to win the prize.
Borg!!
BORG!!!!

Fair! Agreed! Thanks for clarification.

Matt

Count me in. Time for some mad borging to begin...mwahahahaha
/me starts plotting
Edit:
Only 53 more CPUs to go.

Everyone is welcome to join. Honestly, if someone kicks arse really quick and a prize is won fairly soon, I'll just keep it going =p.

vonkaar said:
Oh... I don't ship to Canada. The rest of the world, yes... but I'm still bitter over the whole Hockey thing, so no Canada ^_^

What can I say...Canada=Hockey!

RideGuy

PS- Maybe the US will have a chance if Super Mario retires before the next Olympics.

I think I am going to start offering my tech services to people at no charge if they agree to fold for me 24/7. :)

I'll bow out since I should top that as soon as I get off 'maternity leave' and I'm already 1/2 way there.
Plus rule 6...er and 8 ....I just couldn't do it:D

Bleh, I would have added rule 11: Erpauls can't win even if he somehow tops plext as soon as I saw you break 50 CPUs =p.

new_novice said:
ok i'm in, see you at 50 on Friday :D

Would it be unfair if I joined?? I couldn't keep those >60 active for more than a week or so... but I should be able to shock out a measley little 100 active CPU's..

I think I would slide in a small time-factor, otherwise it would be too easy for me to snatch the victory... In roughly 60 seconds I could have GPO on my ADS and shoot out the first 100 CPU's :)

Flix

Hmmm... maybe that makes sense... must maintain a 60+ cpu count for one week straight? That would flix all kinds of loopholes. Unless anyone objects, I'm gonna add that rule.

Why aren't you already using these CPU's, even if only to pump out a few WU's here and there already if you have such quick access to them?

Because we have a company rule against deployment of DC clients.. thats why.

I was starting to borg all of the puters back in february when I took the subject up at our company management, and they decided to kill it with the statement "we don't know exactly what the result would or could support".... and so, the CPU's went offline.

But the water-cooling gear is really stressing my moral limits, as does my interest in pwn'ing Vonkaar beyond midget-dom :p

Flix

Back