• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team32 frontpage writing contest, starting Friday Oct 1st!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Were you including me?

Sorry about that torin. Looks like we have 3 writers.

Also, if someone has a bad LCD that torin3 might be able to fix, he may be able to get it running to donate for a prize. I am also going to look through my stuff to see if I have something that I might be able to offer up, but I am pretty sure the most recent stuff I have is s775.

Bump! I would say it's safe to say that you can get started on getting those articles posted to WordPress now. The contest starts tomorrow, and the more articles we have posted means the more exposure T32 gets, which may mean more people joining T32.:beer:

I'll see if i can come up with something. Folding from a Benchers perspective maybe, there's some content in there somewhere!
No promises.

Anybody contacted I.M.O.G. for a WordPress account yet?
Yup, did so a few months ago, but didn't get a reply. I dropped the ball and didn't re-contact. What's the best method to reach him?

October 1st is getting close!! So far it looks like we have 2 writers and one prize. Anybody else up for getting in on this?
Count me in. Not sure what I'm going to write just yet, but I'm game. :)

Are we limited to one article only?

I am working on mine. Would it be OK to break this up into more than one article.

I don't see too much problem with that, maybe a "phase 1", "phase 2", and so on sort of deal. I would try to keep it to a minimal amount of articles, since the contest is based off an average of unique hits per article.

Yup, did so a few months ago, but didn't get a reply. I dropped the ball and didn't re-contact. What's the best method to reach him?

Count me in. Not sure what I'm going to write just yet, but I'm game. :)

Are we limited to one article only?

The best method is via PM. Just make sure that the To: field says I.M.O.G. with all of those periods. If that doesn't work, send me your contact info (email address), and I will get him moving on it.

Also, there is no limit to how many articles you want to write. Since this is based off the average number of unique hits per article, the more articles you have, the lower that average can get. You can also get a higher average by getting more hits to each article. You are free to "advertise" your articles by any legitimate means. Post the links on your social networking sites, email it to friends and family, tell your friends locally, and so on.:thup:

I am not really that worried about the contest. I will probably just donate the parts anyways. I am just more interested in getting more people interested in folding. I will try to get the finished thing uploaded tonight.

I am not really that worried about the contest. I will probably just donate the parts anyways. I am just more interested in getting more people interested in folding. I will try to get the finished thing uploaded tonight.

You could always just pass on the prize so someone else has a chance as well. Getting more people interested in folding is the purpose of this contest. As we get a few people writing on the front page, some are likely to find out they like writing, which will bring more articles to the front page. More articles means more exposure, which may help to bring more people to our team, which in turn helps a lot with the science, benefitting both the project in whole, and our team.:D

I haven't forgotten my article, but I just finished up a 77 hour workweek after a 59 hour workweek.

I'll try and get it done this week.

I haven't forgotten my article, but I just finished up a 77 hour workweek after a 59 hour workweek.

I'll try and get it done this week.

No need to rush yourself. Sounds like you could use a bit of a break.;) Take a bit of time if you need to, I'm hoping to see some other articles getting posted shortly.:thup:

Back to the top!

I see so many promises of articles that might get posted, but no articles yet. Are any of you guys having troubles getting your WP account set up?

I need these reminders, thank you deadlysyn. :thup:

IMOG did setup the WP account. Right now I'm battling the SR-2 reference build. And losing. :p

OT, but could I use one of my reference builds and turn it into an article, with pictures and such?

I need these reminders, thank you deadlysyn. :thup:

IMOG did setup the WP account. Right now I'm battling the SR-2 reference build. And losing. :p

OT, but could I use one of my reference builds and turn it into an article, with pictures and such?

I guess I should have checked with you first, as I just spoke with IMOG about your account specifically via BBM. I was about to PM you the default temporary password.:p

Are these reference builds going to be folding related in one way or another? If so, they would make great articles. Basically, what it comes down to is any article that can bring attention to the Folding team is eligible for the contest. Even a simple build log with a plug for the folding team works well.:thup:

;)

Yes -- these are both (the SR-2 and Z8NA-D6C) for DC teams, specifically targeted for the folding team. That is good news to hear, as it means I have much less work to do now. :D

Back