• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team32 frontpage writing contest, starting Friday Oct 1st!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe i should write something under a pseudonym just to give myself some competition :chair:

Side note: I'm shocked,:)shock:) i managed to spell pseudonym correctly on the first go.

Man, I wish this was getting more press deadly... and I wish I had the time to contribute. I've spent about 30-45 minutes on the forum this morning and its the longest stretch of time I've been able to dedicate to OCF in a while.

However, I'll try to help by reiterating some ideas I posted earlier...

- Work Unit Benchmarking (performance across different CPUs or GPUs and the effect of overclocking on production i.e. PPD)

- Folding Machine Build Logs or Suggested Setups (I know sfu has the i7 layer build down to a T)

- Why do you Fold? Someone close battled or is battling a serious disease? Contributing to a worthy cause with your geek power? Survivor yourself?

Man, I wish this was getting more press deadly... and I wish I had the time to contribute. I've spent about 30-45 minutes on the forum this morning and its the longest stretch of time I've been able to dedicate to OCF in a while.

I swear I am going to finish mine. Got a couple new things I want to try and integrate into my farm. But I need to test it more before I write it in. Between girlfriends, kids, work, traveling, blah, blah... I just cant seem to find the time.

No worries, h. I've been a little on the busy side myself lately. Between trying to get some spare time around my work schedule, trying to keep this contest going, spend as much time as possible with my family, and all the other important things, I haven't even been able to write a couple articles that I have been meaning to write.:bang head

I swear I am going to finish mine. Got a couple new things I want to try and integrate into my farm. But I need to test it more before I write it in. Between girlfriends, kids, work, traveling, blah, blah... I just cant seem to find the time.

I have extended this until New Years, due to the fact that I understand some of us are busy, and can't get to articles right now. I am still hoping to see some more articles submitted. It's all about getting that presence back on the front page, which could in turn help interest some people in joining Team 32.

How bout a front page article about the contest for front page articles? :chair:

Made some major edits to my second article, it isn't out yet though.
This is your chance people, get with it!
What do I have to do to light a fire under your collective rear ends?!

Admittedly, I would rather like that case, but still :p

Sidenote: Where can I go to see how many hits an article has?

This came out when I was laid up, but I have been meaning to try doing something other then the spotlights. I was going to post my topic in the forums but I'll try to write it up as an article/review instead.

Then hopefully others will comment on how they do it, and what they use.(This will make sense after you read it)

Sidenote: Where can I go to see how many hits an article has?

Have a look in the Wordpress: do you see a link to Wordpress stats down the left hand side?

If not, we (Editors) can check via Wordpress.

Sorry I couldn't include the spotlights, dfonda, but it would have been a little unfair to everyone else.:p

Maybe I will come up with a contest idea to help get some more interest and exposure for the team nex time around. If anyone wants to host a points based contest, let me know and I will get the info on the front page.:beer:

Excellent job Bob!!! :clap:

I'm sad to see this didn't get more participation. I guess Team 32 at large just isn't the journalist type.

Way to go Bob!

Harlam, I really meant to write up at least one article, but between getting slammed at work and getting ready for another IVF run, it slipped off my RADAR.

Back