• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splash back

Registered
finally i hav finished leak testing and everything but now im worried about my temps im getin 42 at idle and 56 underload, im using a mixture of distilled water and windscreen fluid (90:10). Any help on getin da temps lower.

splash back said:
finally i hav finished leak testing and everything but now im worried about my temps im getin 42 at idle and 56 underload, im using a mixture of distilled water and windscreen fluid (90:10). Any help on getin da temps lower.
More info is required, what equipment etc. Make sure the block is mounted properly and the thermal paste is applied properly.

ok more info hmm, EHIEM 1005 pump, maxxxpert block thermal paste is incontact and my rad should b able to cope with it,

that's a huge differential between your idle and load temps, my load temps at most will be 5 degrees over my idle temps. something is goin on. i'm not familiar with that block, and how are you cooling your rad? what size and cfm of fan? have a shroud? what type of thermal paste? where did you place your rad?

well my radiator is cooled by two 8omm fans givin out aprox 90cfm and its silent and the rad is basically on the side of the case with loads of vent holes o and the thermal paste is as3

any ideas, i was running it on normal water for a while but my temps were way to high, with windscreen cleaning fluid the temps are a lot better, the cpu now runs stable at 42c is this bad? the ambient temp is 33c.

It sounds like you might want to remount your block. With water anything in the 50's should bring up a red flag. But since your ambient is 33c or 91F I think your temps may be ok. I never knew England got that hot.

its just my room its like 12c outside and in my room its 33c. so wot do u mean remount my block?

Maybe try remounting it if the 42-45 temps don't stay. I know for a lot of blocks that the spring used for mounting should be fully compressed, but you might want to check with you specific block. Also are you sure there are no air pockets in you system. Maybe you had some left and the finally got out. You also have to consider letting the Thermal paste settle if its Artic Silver but that shouldn't make that much of a difference

You said, "the rad is basically on the side of the case with loads of vent holes o and the thermal paste is as3".

I would cut out ALL of the vent holes and eave one big hole. you problably have alot of backpressure of the air moving though the radiator AND small holes. Ideally just like you want enough water going through the block to cool the cpu, you want enough air going through the radiator to cool it also.

And te other guys are right. Reseat your block.
Take your waterblock off and put it back on. It may not be making good contact. Also be SURE to spread your AS3 out very thin. You don't want much. You may have put too much on and it's insulating instead of conducting heat.

Also what kind of equipment do you have? It sure would be easy for us to diagnose if you had say a weak pump, or a small radiator. or mab just a waterblock that sucks!

the pump is ok but the rad is S**** gonna get a heatercore wen i hav time got my damn GCSE'S cumin up so i dont hav much time at the mo.

Is you liquid level topped off I remember once ( when I was showing my rig off) my temps shot up over 60C it was because my liquid was low ( playing with it the night b4 leaked some and never did top it off)

Back