• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing does FX-83xx seem to flat line after 4.3GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well then why dont you help us all out run a couple of benchmarks that are memory sensitive before the change and after, you can record the differences and help us all lead new members in the right direction.

3DMark Vantage and 3DMark11 CPU tests are pretty memory heavy, SuperPi is also very RAM dependent. Something like SiSoft Sandra memory suite will tell the tale quite well I htink.

Absolutely. I always try to post back results when testing something new. I got distracted this afternoon so I'll have to run the tests later tonight. I haven't been happy with my temps so I reseated my heatsink. Turns out I had applied too much TIM. CPU temps are down ~4c now.

I'll post the results later when I get a chance to run the tests.

As promised, here are my results. I didn't carry out a very comprehensive test like RGone did, but the little testing that I did do seems to confirm that there is some benefit to increasing CPU_NB with faster RAM, as RGone found.

If you keep the CPU_NB up there and run fast ram...it will put out the numbers.

So this is what I came up with:
I did my best to keep things consistent, but I had trouble getting exact settings so I had to make some compromises. In particular, I wasn't able to run at 240 FSB (HTT) for the tests involving higher memory speeds. The HTT link was as close to stock 2400MHz as possible for all tests and I kept the CPU speed withing a few MHz of 4.2GHz.

SuperPi 1M Test
21.680s @ 4.200GHz CPU / 2159MHz CPU_NB / 800MHz RAM (DDR3 1600)
21.590s @ 4.200GHz CPU / 2400MHz CPU_NB / 800MHz RAM (DDR3 1600)
21.836s @ 4.179GHz CPU / 2200MHz CPU_NB / 880MHz RAM (DDR3 1760)
21.653s @ 4.179GHz CPU / 2420MHz CPU_NB / 880MHz RAM (DDR3 1760)

3D Mark Vantage Test
P2268 (22726 CPU Score) @ 4.200GHz CPU / 2159MHz CPU_NB / 800MHz RAM (DDR3 1600)
P2257 (22784 CPU Score) @ 4.200GHz CPU / 2400MHz CPU_NB / 800MHz RAM (DDR3 1600)
P2272 (22756 CPU Score) @ 4.179GHz CPU / 2200MHz CPU_NB / 880MHz RAM (DDR3 1760)
P2255 (22944 CPU Score) @ 4.179GHz CPU / 2420MHz CPU_NB / 880MHz RAM (DDR3 1760)

Conclusions:
Basically, my brief tests add further evidence to what RGone found. Increasing CPU_NB to 2400MHz did produce a small increase in performance in both SuperPi 1M and 3D Mark Vantage. However, the performance boost was much more significant when RAM was increased to DDR3 1760 speeds in conjunction with running the CPU_NB at 2400MHz. The performance boost is not really represented in the 3D Mark overall score, but it is obvious in the CPU Score. It is also obvious that the performance gained by increasing CPU_NB is small compared to the performance that would be gained by increasing CPU speeds. For example increasing CPU_NB from 2200MHz to 2400MHz produced a gain of 0.09s in SuperPi 1M but in another test I achieved 20.608s at 4.4GHz, which is a 1.08s gain for a 200MHz increase on CPU speed.

It is also obvious that the performance gained by increasing CPU_NB is small compared to the performance that would be gained by increasing CPU speeds. For example increasing CPU_NB from 2200MHz to 2400MHz produced a gain of 0.09s in SuperPi 1M but in another test I achieved 20.608s at 4.4GHz, which is a 1.08s gain for a 200MHz increase on CPU speed.

This is a very true statement, but you would also see larger gains in the 1866+ range than you saw at 17xx proportionate to the difference in gain between 1600 and it. Now That out of the way, CPU-NB isnt the end all and be all over overclocking, but assuming you have found your stable 24/7 CPU core speed this shows there are still gains to be had even without changing clockspeed. A fully tuned system should dominate a fast and dirty OCed rig at similar speeds.

A fully tuned system should dominate a fast and dirty OCed rig at similar speeds.

Very true. I've only been running my current rig for a month or so and I'm still learning it's capabilities. CPU_NB was not even present on my last desktop which ran an Athlon 64 X2. I still have a lot of tweaking to do wit this thing. Threads like these are great for helping with the finer tuning. Thanks to RGone for getting this going!

Every little bit helps after you get the last drop of cpu mhz that is sensible and 24/7 ready. What we are talking about now is stuff that the big benchers always do. If you can get just that little bit more, it might be the difference in your bench against another with the same cpu.

I will give just a shade more update my ownself. I do mostly video editting of my personal videos. Lead-ins, trailers, added audio tracks well whatever I am playing with adding at the time. I moved from an 8-threaded Intel rig at 4.0GHz to my FX-8120 and about exactly halfed my time to compile my videos.

I checked and the FX-8120 seemed capable of rendering 1 min of video in one minute, 5 seconds. I moved to the FX-8350 at the same speed of 4.5Ghz and the ratio became 55 seconds to each minute to be rendered. I said okay, that seems good to me.

Tonight I did another video of the snow here and before booting into windows I jacked the cpu Frequency up to 4.8Ghz by the multiplier and held my just short of 2600Mhz CPU-NB and HT Frequency and 'now' when I did my render it was 40 seconds to 1 minute of video to render. Holy Hot Dogs.

What was also neat besides the shortened time to render was the bios pics I had to let me know what Vcore to add to my setting for 4.5GHz and that the ram and all would be just loverly since I had already done the comprehensive benches. The more I know about my configuration, the easier it is to use for specific tasks and oh such a greater pleasure to deal with.
RGone...

EDIT:
It is you guys that really begin to get into it, that provide the inspiration to "start" things.
END EDIT.

This thread should be a sticky in the AMD Cpu section for FX processors. Speaking for myself, when I first started overclocking all I though you did was up the processor speed and viola your done. After reading threads like this, I came to realize that there was more to it then just a lot of GHZ out of your chip. With the contributions from all that have posted, it helps show beginner overclockers that there are more parameters that need to be changed in order to fine tune your system for the best overclock possible. This quote form wizard pretty much sums it up.
A fully tuned system should dominate a fast and dirty OCed rig at similar speeds.
Thanks for all that contributed to this thread, it is really educational.

This thread should be a sticky in the AMD Cpu section for FX processors. Speaking for myself, when I first started overclocking all I though you did was up the processor speed and viola your done. After reading threads like this, I came to realize that there was more to it then just a lot of GHZ out of your chip. With the contributions from all that have posted, it helps show beginner overclockers that there are more parameters that need to be changed in order to fine tune your system for the best overclock possible. This quote form wizard pretty much sums it up. Thanks for all that contributed to this thread, it is really educational.

I agree. We need to make information like this more accessible to new overclockers. We have tons of GREAT information archived in these forums. The problem is that after a few weeks helpful threads like these get buried and people stop reading them. Then you get new members coming in here asking a thousand questions without searching for the answer themselves. It would be nice to have a sticky with basic information about overlcocking with reference links to various guides and resources like this thread. Then that information will be right there in front of people's faces, hopefully reducing the number of repeat inquiries. I know this has all been done in the past to no avail, but I really think the problem is accessibility. New members do not spend time browsing the forums and new overclockers probably don't understand half of what goes on here anyway. OC Forums could be so much more if the wealth of information produced here was made more accessible. Sorry to deviate from the topic here... I don't want to turn this thread into an opinion section.

I am speeking...

...speaking as my mind thinks. Dangerous I know.

Here is that famous "somebody" word again that "Mandrake" caught me on. Somebody in an earlier post here stated or questioned, that "I just could not leave the puppy alone". I often reflect on things that are said since this is not immediate two way communication.

What puppy was it that I could not leave alone? The clocking of my mobo OR this thread? I guess I cannot leave either alone, if I were to be honest.

Both "Mandrake4565" and "juane414" have made some good points about sticky's and information for the newer users. Suggestion even that this thread should be stickied. I doubt it ever will. It is not a 'how-to' nor is it done by the more well known. Hey life is life after-all.

I have started to write this post at least 3 times. Even got up and went to eat and came back now. There are perceptions and gut-feelings and everyone that can, can hear a message. No RGone, you are not going all mystical on us are you? NO. I have said this before in the course of writing in a thread that was fully off-topic and going wild anyway.

1. I would suspect that far over 80% of those that begin their new thread with "Help Me Overclock my X"; have absolutely no interest in learning how to actually understand the principle of overclocking both with their current setup or in general. I have the feeling what they really want is just the numbers men. Gimme the numbers and let me get myself on down the highway. I can say I can overclock my stuff to X speed and I am outuh here to go and do my thing. That is how life seems to have come to be.

2. I think at times we spend far too much time hand-holding the newbies. We finally get them to post enough information to see from our end what is attached to their keyboard and then we overclock their computer from our end. Am I missing it? You have to judge that for yourself.

3. Anyone that has ever had a doctor check them out; has taken an automobile in for a repair; called comcast for help or service, you just name it and we all know the person we wish to help us has to have ALL the background information. Yet we get the thread started that says just generally that he wants help to overclock his X-thing. Why? You will have to judge for yourself.

4. Then you point the OP to a pretty good overclocking how-to and they say the how-to is confusing. Oh really? Confusing how? Well he is not using my same motherboard and ram and cpu and the bios has different terminology. Oh really? How about a quick search thru the user's own motherboard manual? I mean, you know?

5. My gawd there are literally thousands of overclocking how-tos. That is not what I get the feeling at least 80% of OPs want. They want hand-holding. Maybe they really want remote overclocking without giving permission to 'remote' to their system. Again you must be the judge of that. I have been in 5 or 6 pretty popular forums and most do not offer really warm and fuzzy hand-holding like here. Good thing or bad thing? I am unsure.

6. In two years of almost daily participation in this particular forum section, I can only count less than 10 users that have come and been helped and stayed AND helped. MAYBE people like myself are TOO quick to help. I have often thought that. You will have to judge that also for your ownself. I am thinking about posting less just to see if that is part of the problem. Let another do some helping. I can do this stuff in my sleep as likely many of you can. Been at it a long long time and it is the same for any system. Up the cpu speed and increase cpu voltage to allow for the greater speed, with stability, and monitor the temps. Always the same. Right? I thought so.

7. Have we ever seen this link in the forum? http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384756 I have on purpose not mentioned what it is about. GREAT read. I saw similar 5 or 6 years ago when I was lookiing for something almost the opposite of over-volting but about under-volting as a course of action. You can seldom study; doing something too little or too much, without studying both aspects. So in looking for one thing...well I found another really. Catch that thread if you want some extreme, thought provoking reading.

8. I have even wondered if their should be a forum section for each brand of cpu that was for nothing but down and dirty overclocking. Gimme and I am out of here thread. I suspect there would not be many that would help there though. Hehehe. You see what I mean?

9. Most people are goal setters. Some with good goals like I have had at times and other times my goals have seemed to seek catastophe. About 18 months ago after returning to this forum after a few years of having to manage the DFI motherboard forum, I set myself a goal of 5,000 posts in two years. Heck I know but that was me. Well I just reached such a silly goal a couple of days ago. About 19 months and I tapped the goal.

So I am going to try and post less. Let someone else develop help skills. You only get them by doing the deed generally. I can post in 'stufy' threads like this and allow others to come to the front as it were in helping othes. There is not one that is not replacable. Someone will take-up the slack.

Crap there is NO way I can count the people 'trents' helped. He was here when I came back and was heavily involved until he became ill a few months ago nearly, now. IF I helped a hundred, he has helped thousands. Gave of himself freely and liberally. I learned to help from him although I never gained his ability to be completely patient. We should have all PM'd him a thank you along the way.

A slow dimwit like myself wss months learning there was a Thank You button at the bottom, far right of a post. I started to use it a while back to say thanks for a good post. "ssjwizard" brought this to my mind again, even in this thread here. I now read threads just to be able to use the Thank You button. Oh silly me.

I have been approached in the background by one of our own to perhaps help with an undertaking the likes of which I cannot believe while further reflecting on what he is considering . Such would give me plenty to do and not be posting. Give another the opportunity to step forward.

There are a number of genuinely helpful people in this forum section. There are many that are just now or only a short time ago, that are hooked or being hooked and want to know more. It might be a good idea to start a thread for the hooked, newly hooked, those wanting to learn to be hooked and we can share as deeply or well anyway we feel we can share.

I don't know yet. That idea too was just another thought I had when thinking on some of the posts in this thread. Would such a thread have to be stickied? Heck no. If we want it viewable we keep hitting in such a thread.

It snowed in Jackson, MS overnite and into the early daylight hours. Out and about is not an advisable thing with those not used to such conditions, so I may have had too much time on my hands and did too much thinking today before writing this. Only yourself can judge that. I have not had any fear of being off-topic in this thread nor feared anyone else would go off-topic either. Some responses have been a cause for thought and I put some thoughts to the keyboard.
RGone...

Nice work RGone :thup:

The 5.2ghz result is surprising to see such a drop in performance and then a huge gain again after! Is there any chance you can do a test at roughly the same speeds but with the cpunb at nearer 2400 (one multi lower) with something like 237x22 and the cpunb on x10 as I found that 2400 cpunb was the sweet spot on my FX and just interested if vishera is the same, and i dont have one yet :rain: this is just for my entertainment and to try and get some more knowledge on how these perform compared to bulldozer

I will also speak, as my mind thinks and that can be scary also. I wasn't going to post any further because we are straying away from topic, but oh well. What I am going to say is more for the general public, not everyone.

I have found in my business and the general society, it seems as if people only want hand holding. This isn't to say that there aren't people with the gumption to take tasks on themselves. It is more that most people are afraid, not confident enough in themselves and are just plain lazy to try something out of their comfort zone.

We seem to live in a throw away society, people no longer try to fix what is broken. Fixing things seems to be a lost art these days. My wife thinks I'm nuts when I start ripping something apart that I have no clue how to fix, just to see if I can. Most of the time I can figure out what is wrong and fix it. I am convinced that I am the minority these days.

I have had people who graduated from very prestigious colleges come work for me. Some of which are incredibly intelligent but also incredibly lazy. They have lived their lives with mommy and daddy holding their hands, giving them money and never have worked a hard day in their lives. They come in an without going into details of what I do, fail miserably. They cannot understand why they are failing and want me to show them how to do what I do. I try to explain to them that, I can only guide them and they have to figure out how they can succeed on their own. The reason why most fail is because they never learned to work hard other then in their books. In my line of work you need confidence and gumption.

I speak of my line of work just as a reference because I feel pertains to the majority of people in society today. People just don't want to do the work it takes to understand and learn. They just want someone to say do X Y and Z and viola your done.

I usually don't mind helping someone, it's the ones that just want to get to there "goal". Without doing any reading on there own that really aggravate me. You tell them something and they don't even read it. They just try to jump to the next step without doing the step before it correctly. They remind me of my friends puppy, a jack russell terrier. Ready to blaze 100mph ahead after a ball without looking to see whats in it's way.

You mentioned Trents, he was actually the first person to respond to my first post. I had already lurked and read and wanted input on my 955be OC. I actually sent him a PM a while back complimenting him on his patience. We should all learn a little from him about being patient, which I find at times I do struggle with.

To sum up what I am babbling about and to get on point. I feel most people these days just don't want to take the time and don't have the confidence in themselves to try and learn something on their own.

Also thanks for post #7 that will make some good reading.

Off soapbox Drake Out! :)

Well I can say for me, I am here to learn how everything works together. Why you need more Ghz or why 2400 is better than 2100 & how that works with ram speeds & timings
I am NOT a computer guy, I don't run benchmarks, play games or render movies
I do this as a hobby, my real job is a gas cryo glorified grease monkey.
I will probably never come close to using my rig as it should be
I value all the information that this forum has to give & the people that take time out to help someone like me that has no real use for the cpu he has but to come on here and learn
So for me I'm here for the long haul cause no matter how old I get, I still learn something everyday in life

Yeah man will give it a go just for funzies.
RGone...

Nice work RGone :thup:

The 5.2ghz result is surprising to see such a drop in performance and then a huge gain again after! Is there any chance you can do a test at roughly the same speeds but with the cpunb at nearer 2400 (one multi lower) with something like 237x22 and the cpunb on x10 as I found that 2400 cpunb was the sweet spot on my FX and just interested if vishera is the same, and i dont have one yet :rain: this is just for my entertainment and to try and get some more knowledge on how these perform compared to bulldozer

Well, since we're all sharing thoughts...

First of all, thanks RGone for sharing your thoughts in post #48. You're in the forum all the time and know the "atmosphere" better than most. I pop in when life allows and stay "hooked" as you say until I get too busy to have that luxury.

On to the hand-holding notion... It's something that is prevalent in our society, and OC Forums can't escape it either. Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much. Sure, it does get annoying when people ask the same questions day after day without bothering to read the post right below theirs where the exact same question was adequately answered. That being said, I try to remember that there are a lot of people out there who want to try something new without wanting to become an expert on the matter, and I understand that. My parents, for example, enjoy having a fast computer and they trust me to help them find one, but my dad frequently falls asleep while I'm jabbering on and on about gigahertz, megahertz, terabytes, and megabytes even if I'm bouncing off the walls and smiling ear to ear in excitement. I'm the same way about certain things. I enjoy going out with my brother-in-law and blasting some clay pigeons with a 12 gauge, but when he starts rambling about the inner workings of a shotgun I start thinking about the next time I get to eat. What I'm trying to say is... we all have particular areas of interest in which we are happy to invest hours of our time learning and darn near becoming experts on the subject. But, realistically, there are many things that we're interested in and want to benefit from, but don't have the time to fully invest ourselves. Honestly, if I spent as much time on every single one of my interests as I spend on computers, I would need something stronger than coffee and Mountain Dew to make it through the day. When I go to the mechanic I need hand-holding. I frankly don't care what the mechanic has to do to keep my car running and getting acceptable fuel economy as long as the end result is what I'm looking for. But when I go to a computer shop or electronics store I'll be captivated for an afternoon and probably leave inspired. So, I try to keep the perspective that there are many who grace these forums who don't have the time or the interest to learn the inner workings of the computer. They simply want a faster computer and heard about this thing called "overclocking" that promises to give them the end result that their looking for. Maybe I'm just a softy... but I am in the people helping business for a living so looking past the simple questions of people who just don't know any better comes second nature for me I suppose.

Like most of you, I'd love to see more dedicated members participating and contributing to the community. Here are my two ideas for accomplishing that:
1) We need to go beyond "helping" and strive for "inspiring." Instead of shunning the newcomers and those looking for someone to hold their hand, we should knock their socks off with our passion for computers and willingness to help them learn. After all, isn't that how all of us got interested in computers? By a friend showing us their new water cooling setup or by a roomate showing us how to pencil mod a GPU?
2) Basic information needs to be more accessible so that dedicated members can spend more time contributing advanced information and less time answering simple questions. It's simple marketing really. Our stickies and organization just isn't up to snuff. Think about it... How awesome would it be if people like RGone could spend their time writing up new threads like this one rather than answering the same "help me overclock my x" questions five times per day. More cutting edge stuff like this just might be what it takes to attract the more interested folks.

Just my thoughts. Probably too long, but it's late and I'm naturally long winded anyways. Goodnight!

Well I will just be dipped. Ole faht like me has seen communication even though the viewpoints are not the same. I OT'd simply because I started the thread and I don't really care what is talked about as long as the talk does not come to blows. Hehehe. I haven't been able to clobber anyone thru the net yet anyway.

This is not organized? If not what is not? Or is the information there-in just not getting it done? I don't have a good clue myself. I been at this stuff too long.

AMD CPU Sticky.jpg

Like I said I have not done more than give a cursory leaf thru those threads. I was doing this before many of the various posts were written in general. That does not mean I personally cannot learn something new at any given time. Trying to do what "keny" wanted me to in a post above just made something that I had seen happen come into better focus. I got a shock. When I finish up tabulating the data, I will show you all what shocked me but had never been doing testing slow enough to catch it and pin it to the floor.

So learning and not staling out is something I am aware of for sure.
RGone...

Like I said I have not done more than give a cursory leaf thru those threads. I was doing this before many of the various posts were written in general. That does not mean I personally cannot learn something new at any given time. Trying to do what "keny" wanted me to in a post above just made something that I had seen happen come into better focus. I got a shock. When I finish up tabulating the data, I will show you all what shocked me but had never been doing testing slow enough to catch it and pin it to the floor.

So learning and not staling out is something I am aware of for sure.
RGone...

Sounds interesting:popcorn:

@ Mandrake
We seem to live in a throw away society, people no longer try to fix what is broken. Fixing things seems to be a lost art these days. My wife thinks I'm nuts when I start ripping something apart that I have no clue how to fix, just to see if I can. Most of the time I can figure out what is wrong and fix it. I am convinced that I am the minority these days.
It is disheartening to watch society slip into "Blackhole of Walmart"
I have two boys in their 20's and made sure they know the working end of a shovel or how to change their brakes. Now they thank me for it but at one time they weren't happy campers. :cry:

I have been builing my own systems for ~ 10 yrs because I saw the opportunity to save some $. For the most part it was trial and error, wish I had known the power of the forums back then.
I don't know how much help I will be but I plan on sticking around and maybe in time will develop more of the expertise that is plainly visible on this forum.
For now I'l just stick to the front lines maybe get people headed down the right road.
@ Rgone,
You sound like you're retiring. Calling yourself things like old fawt. You're only as old as you wanna be. I really appreciated your assistance when I needed it and just FYI I'm still not done messing around with this chip. I'm driving the wife batty. Lucky for me it's winter right now. :bday:

Something very strange while testing for "keny"

I have had this situation creep up and slap me before but I was never in a slow enough mode to really look close at what was tripping me up. I spent the time last night to at least see 'what' was happening even if I do not fully know the 'why' of what I saw. Saw for nearly an hour while trying to put my finger down on what was happening to me.

"keny" wanted me to try and maintain CPU_NB and HT Frequency, closer to 2400Mhz than my normal way of doing which was to basically let CPU-NB scale upward along with the added cpu speed.

I was buzzing along toward 5.4Ghz when I swerved right and ran into the ditch I feel like. Trying to keep CPU_NB low and yet run the cpu speed up had hit a road-block. I said crap0la, I have been here at 5.4Ghz before and benched. Why in heck I cannot even seem to boot winders much less run Cinebench R11.5? I mean you cannot get into winders, so you are not doing any screen captures but of the bios as I did.

Finally I just began to bump the Vcore up. One bump and into winders. 1 or two more bumps of Vcore and Cinebench would complete the CPU test. AS soon as I got into winders on one notch Vcore up, the Video test of Cinebench would run, BUT not the CPU performance test. It hung.

I captured two bios SS of the difference in the speeds of the busses and the cpu. 19 Mhz differnence has not ever seemed to call for 2 or 3 bumps up in Vcore. That is what was tripping me up. Trying to hold so close to a particular low buss speed, seemed to run me off in the ditch.

Stitched Bios Image:
Merg5405.jpg

I am not sure of a why at all. I am sure of a what, since I have run across this scenario before. Minor jump in cpu mhz requiring an abnormal raise of the Vcore. But like I said I did not really dig about to see what had hung me up. I did last night during the testing. I found that I will for certain be letting my CPU_NB and HT Frequency and Ram speeds all scale upward with my increase in CPU Mhz since for me it seems to take 'more' voltage for the higher speeds if I do not have hefty buss speeds to match up with the cpu speed.

I found some more strange stuff that when people inquire about it we say, "ah man that ain't happening". Well it did and does and I just have to get the pics and data ordered and try to post some more.
RGone...

EDIT:
Can you say BD/PD might be a monger for DDR1866 ram and DDR1600 is just backing up? IF you want high cpu speed? I am thinking along those lines.
END EDIT.

Rgone it sure seems that the HT Link sp/NB Freq need to go up in scale when you get to those high CPU mhz.

More odd stuff...

From Post #58 said:
I found some more strange stuff that when people inquire about it we say, "ah man that ain't happening". Well it did and does and I just have to get the pics and data ordered and try to post some more.
Well I managed to get the captures into some sensible order.

I had been tripped-up by having to add more Vcore than expected to get into winders at an elevated speed and over the course of testing about that, I found that it seems when you get close to the end of your cpu speed and begin to bench, that benches became 'better' if the Vcore was increased.

I have heard people post in forums before that they 'dropped' their Vcore and the score went down but I never heard anyone say that they had seen it also, and that adding Vcore could effect bench scoring of any kind. Well there it is.

It has been close to 6 years since I just set at the keyboard and adjusted and benched and adjusted some more only to run the bench again. I may have experienced this back then and had forgotten such until it hit me a few times in the Bulldozer benching and now the Piledriver benching. At least now that I know that I might; even if not why, I must add Vcore. I may also know at the approaching limit of my cpu speed...to up the Vcore some for a better bench score. Odd stuff.

Lest I forget to add which I almost did until I went back to read the writing, I was able to see this time after time by just upping and lowering the Vcore to the figures indicated in CPUz. Repeatable.
RGone...

237x22-vert.jpg

I have not forgotten what 'keny' wanted even if I am pretty sure I will not find 2400Mhz a speed for CPU_NB that is productive in my configuration. But I am working on a graph now.
RGone...Again.

Back