• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It feels more like fallout than oblivion in a way. I like that about it. Weapons actually feel dangerous unlike oblivion where I had to hit some villager in the beginning like 30 times with a sword to kill him. Even dying is fallout-y. Not finding the words to describe why but yeah. I'm fine with the new system aside from menu navigation but I swear some of the textures remind me of quake 64 on the N64. I think they sacrificed close up world detail to sharpen the character models and the overall far away look of things that are in the distance. Looks better overall I guess. I'm enjoying it. I think V.A.T.S. would be interesting here. Targeting a dragons wing in vats with an arrow or spell to bring it down etc.

Yep, it is in the options screen. I haven't tested it but it should work just fine.

I need some help :
Yesterday I was attacked by some bandits whie riding my horse. As I was dismounting she flew vertical off the mountain, off into infinity. Apparently I bought a flying horse. If you see her floating about in your travels could you coax her down with an apple and send me a PM.
Much thanks,
Puer in Skyrim

Last edited:
I woke up this morning looking forward to playin Skyrim some more...its been ages since ive felt that way about a game.
I do need some help though:
Yestrday I was attacked by some bandits whie riding my horse. As I was dismounting she flew vertical off the mountain off into infinity. Apparently I bought a flyng horse. If you see her floatng about in your travels could you coax her down with an apple and send me a PM.
Much thanks,
Puer in Skyrim

Will do fellow adventurer.

The magic system is great . I've got a dark elf wizard going, and I'm also making a Redguard paladin type thing with shield perks and restoration spells.

Honestly, it feels like what I always wanted Oblivion to feel like, I can't pin down exactly why, but its just great. Really great.

Anybody played console and pc versions? I got it for the PS3, because I can't really justify buying a new computer right now, but maybe in a year or so once the mods start taking off and I have a new comp I'll get that version as well.

edit ; dark elf wizard giving new meaning to the term "glass cannon" as I get 1 shotted by a spider in the middle of the road. I refuse to take it off expert!

Last edited:
I would like to add, one critique I do have is the gear system -- I would really like to have a menu with something like -

helm
armor
legs
etc.

and then you select which piece of equipment you want to equip in each armor slot. Surely this is bothering others too? The menu seems to be designed to be streamlined, and it is, but it would make things a bit less confusing. Unfortunately, like I said, I'm on the PS3 and I won't be able to do anything about it.

I need some help :
Yesterday I was attacked by some bandits whie riding my horse. As I was dismounting she flew vertical off the mountain, off into infinity. Apparently I bought a flying horse. If you see her floating about in your travels could you coax her down with an apple and send me a PM.
Much thanks,
Puer in Skyrim

I spent the last 20 minutes trying to kill a Dragon - and just when it died - the game force closed. Done that probably four times thus-far and I can't remember the last game (other than FO3) that crashed at all on this system...

Oh well - still really enjoying the game!

The magic system is great . I've got a dark elf wizard going, and I'm also making a Redguard paladin type thing with shield perks and restoration spells.

Honestly, it feels like what I always wanted Oblivion to feel like, I can't pin down exactly why, but its just great. Really great.

Anybody played console and pc versions? I got it for the PS3, because I can't really justify buying a new computer right now, but maybe in a year or so once the mods start taking off and I have a new comp I'll get that version as well.

edit ; dark elf wizard giving new meaning to the term "glass cannon" as I get 1 shotted by a spider in the middle of the road. I refuse to take it off expert!

Their is really no difference between the two. Rumors of an HD Texture pack are floating around the net but nothing is out there at this time.

I spent the last 20 minutes trying to kill a Dragon - and just when it died - the game force closed. Done that probably four times thus-far and I can't remember the last game (other than FO3) that crashed at all on this system...

Oh well - still really enjoying the game!

Yes its very annoying. Happens to me too. But I just found an Elder Scroll in a dungeon that took me 2hrs to complete!

Rember to F5 (quicksave) relatively often. I've only had one force-close, I was just running along a river and bam, game closed. I reloaded and walked down the other side of the river to be safe :)

Rember to F5 (quicksave) relatively often. I've only had one force-close, I was just running along a river and bam, game closed. I reloaded and walked down the other side of the river to be safe :)

This has been key since at least morrowind, if not longer.

Daggerfall was fairly stable if I recall correctly.
Since then the first few versions have always had issues. They're just so (@*#&% huge it's fairly unreasonable to expect them not to.

Expect the CTD to decrease 40% with 1.01, an additional 30% with 1.02, and be mostly gone with 1.03, before having a new one in certain situations with 1.04 that gets fixed in 1.04b.

I love the TES series, but the crashes in the initial release are slightly annoying.

Thanks for that shortcut. Having to open the save menu every 5 minutes is annoying.

Just don't accidentally hit quick-load. It'll annoy you if you're trying to save!

b5e98e99e26b4f3129e60769a4e8a91d.jpg

Back