• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Official E5200 Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Testing indicates that anything over 3.3ghz requires more vcore, and the vcore required ramps up quick, till 3.8 requires 1.4+ in bios.
I tried every setting available, and regardless of them i get faults (either seg or rounding) in core1(#2, in human numbering). More vcore gets it working, but i don't like how high it has to go.

So now i'm sitting at 3300 or so (300ish x11) and seeing how low the vcore will go while maintaining stability. Right now i'm at 1.18 (bios) and looking good. Temps are down 6*c from their 3.4ghz 1.3vcore(bios), which is very nice indeed.
That is hopefully low enough for me to remove the xigmatek fan and install my s00per quiet chrome blue LED turbine fan of low noise. The xigmatek isn't bad at all, but in an effort to reduce temps while attempting to get 3.8ghz stable (1.4vcore, 65*c, still not stable) i taped over some gaps and such between the heatsink and the fan. That reduced temps 4*c, but increased noise decently.
It's also worth noting that i have the side of the case off, largely because i can't find the side panel. Gotta work on that.

I got my new MB today, and i am testing it out currently at 4ghz 1.36Vcore

edit: I had to up the Vcore to 1.401 to get stable, prime takes temps upto 70C , and FAH takes them up to 65C(thats when the fan kicks in very loudly).

is 1.4Vcore ok for 24 hour use?

Last edited:
I've read on a couple of different posts that a few people run them at 1.4vcore and seem to all say you get about 12+ months out of them. Suppose it also depends on your temps and vdroop, from what ive read i wouldnt recomend 1.4 or higher for 24/7 use. Try notching vcore down 2 or 3 times and se what speeds you can get stable then, this will also bring that 70c down a little which is verging on hot.

Im gona just run at stock speeds till i get a better fan for my heat sink, idealy i want to keep bellow 60 at load , 65C maximum, but il see how it goes, considering the price of the e5200 i can easily replace it if the worst happens, but id rather not have to do that.

Try 300x10, 1.19vcore, that's what i'm running at, only runs a couple degrees higher then all auto stock settings.

I've read on a couple of different posts that a few people run them at 1.4vcore and seem to all say you get about 12+ months out of them. Suppose it also depends on your temps and vdroop, from what ive read i wouldnt recomend 1.4 or higher for 24/7 use. Try notching vcore down 2 or 3 times and se what speeds you can get stable then, this will also bring that 70c down a little which is verging on hot.

Link?

We have a guy on here that ran his 45mn C2D at ~1.5v for several months w/o issue.

For me the sweet spot was around 1.35v anyway.

And 70*C temps aren't gonna hurt anything. It's not like I run P95 small-fft 24/7.

i have put mine back for the time being to 1.3v 3.7ghz some time over the weekend, i will read up online to see what all the options in my bios to, so hopefully i will be able to get to 4ghz without the noise.

The fan control on the motherboard sucks, i wana turn it of and use speed fan,

Last edited:
So with 1.425 bios volts (1.4000 idle cpuz, 1.408 load), 12.5x322, i got 4025ghz!
That's right, i got 4000mhz out of it, i'm very happy.
It even made it through wprime32 (2.0) in 19.999 seconds, which is another quest i've been on (<20s, stock is 33).
Sadly, the screenshot that i saved seems to have vanished (wasn't done saving?) when it crashed shortly afterwards.

12.5x320 is somewhat more stable, and turns in 20.000 wprime32.

That's way more voltage then i want to run on a daily basis, and not even close to 24/7 stable. I also found that the defective core in my e5200 processes things more slowly as well as not liking >3.3ghz. It's a bit over half a second slower in wprime then core0, every single run.
I'm going to see if i can find that screenshot. I have a very poorly laid out 1280x1024 of 4000, i was in a hurry to save it and didn't want to spend the time to arrange things compactly. The previous 4000 (at .025 less vcore) crashed when i got close to the save button :p

Oh yeah, and in other news 345fsb is all that it'll do, it just flat will not go higher, or at least not without more voltage then i'm willing to give it. It'll do 345 at 1.54pll 1.2vtt, but won't go higher at 1.6/1.3, so screw that.

Unfortunately that fsb limits my ram options to 1120ish or 1380ish, 1380 being faster then my ram is willing to do at 1.8v (no surprise there) and 1120 being lower then i really want it.
Still, the higher FSB has sped superPi-linux up by a bit, so i certainly can't complain.
I'll leave my comp folding while i go eat dinner and report back as to whether FAH runs any faster with the higher FSB-slower ram combo.

I got 4ghz out of mine too was way happy, has been folding for a few days like this, with no problems the Vcore is abit higher then i like, but i have got the temps down to 65C at load, (re done the tim, as i put abit to much on last time)

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=629153 (thats the load Vcore, cant remember what the idle 1 was)

Im getting 2 new fans through soon, so i can put push|pull on my heat sink, which should lower the temps abit more :D

I was at 3.75 stable with 1.3V so i have had to add quite abit of vcore for the extra 250mhz

Last edited:
Hi everyone , im also a E5200 owner and i was struggling to work out how to OC my PC so i got in contact with jason in this thread and he really helped me out

Im now running stable at FSB 333 - Vcore 1.312 - Multi x11 = 3.66ghz

With CPU load temps of 68-70c

I have a P5Q-EM ASUS Motherboard and all my settings are listed below just in case this can help anyone else in the future

Ai OC Tuner [Manual]
CPU ratio Setting 11
FSB Freq 333
PCIE Freq [100]
FSB Strap to NB 333
DRAM Freq - DDR2 800mhz (would not let me go higher "no option")
DRAM Timing Control [Manual]

1st Info : 5-5-5-18-3-46-6-3
CAS# Latency [5 DRAM Clocks]
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [5 DRAM Clocks]
DRAM RAS# Percharge [5 DRAM Clocks]
DRAM RAS# Activat to Precha [15 DRAM clocks] 18
RAS# to RAS# Delay [Auto]
Row Refresh Cycle time 55
Write Recovery Time [Auto]
Read to Percharge Time [Auto]

2nd Info 8-3-5-4-6-4-6
Read to write Delay (S/D) [Auto]
Write to Read Delay (S) [Auto]
WRITE to READ Delay (D) [Auto]
READ to READ Delay (S) [Auto]
READ to READ Delay (D) [Auto]
WRITE to WRITE Delay (S) [Auto]
WRITE to WRITE Delay (D) [Auto]

3rd Info 14-5-1-6-6
WRITE to PRE Delay [Auto]
READ to PRE Delay [Auto]
PRE to PRE Delay [Auto]
ALL PRE to ACT Delay [Auto]
ALL PRE to REF Delay [Auto]
DRAM Static Read Control Disabled
DRAM Read Training Disabled
MEM . OC Charger Enabled
AI Clock Twister Moderate
AI Transaction Booster Manual
C/P : A1 A2 ! B1 B2
LVL : 06 06 ! 06 06 8 (anything below 8 would not boot)

CPU Volt 1.30
CPU PLL Volt 1.5
FSB Termination Volt 1.1
DRAM Volt 1.8
NB Volt 1.1
PCIE SATA Volt 1.5

Load Line Calibration Enabled
CPU GTL ref [Auto]
CPU Spread Spectrum Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum Disabled
CPU Clock Skew [Auto]
NB Clock Skew [Auto]
CPU Margin Enhancment [Optimized]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/trev1976/pt59.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/trev1976/LoadTemps366ghz.jpg

PC Specs are

E5200 (OC 3.66GHZ)
Asus P5Q-EM
4GB OZC Gold DDR2 Ram (soon to be 8GB)
LP Arctic Freezer CPU Fan
460W PSU
HD4850 GPU
Blu-Ray/HD-DVD LG Combi Drive

Nice, that's a nice OC, specially at 1.3vcore. Also, welcome to the club :D

I'm seeing how low i can take the voltage and remain at 2.5ghzish, right now i'm at 1.06(bios, probably 1.0-0.95 cpuz, haven't checked yet) with 337x7.5(2527mhz). Full load temps are 42*c :D

This seems to be stable:

337x7.5, .98vcore (cpuz), 1.56PLL, 1.18VTT/FSB termination, 1.18NB, ram at 1123-5-5-5-15-1.8v.
With the CPU fan at full blast it idles at 38*c and full loads (superPI) at 41*c. With Q-fan turned to Silent, it idles ~41*c and full loads at ~46*c.
Course now as i'm posting this it's failing prime95, despite having done 20 minutes of superpi quite happily. Bah.

EDIT:
With .99v cpuz it's nice and stable.
1.03vcore in bios i believe.

Last edited:
i just upgraded my computer yesterday... and i only spent about 25mins overclocking it today

i'm having problems with my memory above 300fsb, so i'll mess around with changing voltages later :(

anyways, without further adieu, first e5200 stock voltage/cooling overclock
rk3g42.png.jpg

you know, to be honest i didn't even check the stock voltage of this cpu.
however, in my self defense, all my voltages are set to "auto" in my bios:
CPU Vcore: 1.28750
CPU Termination 1.2000
CPU PLL 1.550
CPU Reference 0.805

and best of all, i have yet to research what any of those are... but i wonder why its running at 1.39V

Cause it need it to run @ 3.75ghz .................

Maybe a lil less if you manual it.

READ the OC sticky and learn how to OC. Youll have much more fun to do it.

Many mobos crank the voltages up when you OC with the volts set to Auto.
Set 'em to the VID and see how things go, that'll give you a much better idea of how it overclocks.

Ok final update , been playing around with this for weeks now but its finally finished and finally installed in my AV rack

DS216014.jpg

I upgraded my CPU Cooler to a Mini Ninja , ***** to fit but worth it for the extra cooling

DS216001-1.jpg

Im now running stable at FSB 333 - Vcore 1.376 - Multi x12 = 3.99ghz

With CPU load temps of 70-72c

399.png

Im really happy with this CPU for £50 its a bargain , i was thinking about upgrading to a E8400 but now im almost OCed to 4ghz i dont think ill bother

My Windows scores have also improved again

69.png

I have a P5Q-EM ASUS Motherboard and all my settings are listed below just in case this can help anyone else in the future

Ai OC Tuner [Manual]
CPU ratio Setting 12
FSB Freq 333
PCIE Freq [100]
FSB Strap to NB 333
DRAM Freq - DDR2 800mhz (would not let me go higher "no option")
DRAM Timing Control [Manual]

1st Info : 5-5-5-18-3-46-6-3
CAS# Latency [5 DRAM Clocks]
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [5 DRAM Clocks]
DRAM RAS# Percharge [5 DRAM Clocks]
DRAM RAS# Activat to Precha [15 DRAM clocks] 18
RAS# to RAS# Delay [Auto]
Row Refresh Cycle time 55
Write Recovery Time [Auto]
Read to Percharge Time [Auto]

2nd Info 8-3-5-4-6-4-6
Read to write Delay (S/D) [Auto]
Write to Read Delay (S) [Auto]
WRITE to READ Delay (D) [Auto]
READ to READ Delay (S) [Auto]
READ to READ Delay (D) [Auto]
WRITE to WRITE Delay (S) [Auto]
WRITE to WRITE Delay (D) [Auto]

3rd Info 14-5-1-6-6
WRITE to PRE Delay [Auto]
READ to PRE Delay [Auto]
PRE to PRE Delay [Auto]
ALL PRE to ACT Delay [Auto]
ALL PRE to REF Delay [Auto]
DRAM Static Read Control Disabled
DRAM Read Training Disabled
MEM . OC Charger Enabled
AI Clock Twister Moderate
AI Transaction Booster Manual
C/P : A1 A2 ! B1 B2
LVL : 06 06 ! 06 06 7 (I can now have this on 7)

CPU Volt 1.3625
CPU PLL Volt 1.5
FSB Termination Volt 1.1
DRAM Volt 1.8
NB Volt 1.1
PCIE SATA Volt 1.5

Load Line Calibration Enabled
CPU GTL ref [Auto]
CPU Spread Spectrum Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum Disabled
CPU Clock Skew [Auto]
NB Clock Skew [Auto]
CPU Margin Enhancment [Optimized]

PC Specs are

E5200 (OC 3.99GHZ)
Asus P5Q-EM
8GB OZC Gold DDR2 Ram
Scythe Mini Ninja
460W PSU
HD4850 GPU XFX
Blu-Ray/HD-DVD LG Combi Drive
2x 1TB WD HDD's

Last edited:
Update !

Was running 3.0 but i jusr raised it a bit to 3.3 ( 300x11 ) and still very good temp with my Q9550 stock cooling as HSF for my E5200. Didnt tryed 3dmark06 to see if there is a lil jump from 3.0 to 3.3. Ill try it later and post.

Back