• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Official E5200 Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got my OC finally going.
Specs:

Intel D975XBX2 Bad AXE Motherboard
E5200 @ 2.942Ghz cpuz Verified.
Runs amazing and stable!

Clocks are :

Multi - 12.0
FSB - 245

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 431
  • realtempandprime.JPG
    realtempandprime.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 429
Well damn. After being up for 3 hours, watching a youtube video, the system decided to crash. I have a feeling my RAM was up too high for this. I'm a bit tired tonight, but tomorrow, I'll have time to fiddle with it.

Also, is there a way to turn off Speedstep without the CPU being forced at the 6x multiplier?

do you mean if you "turn off" speedstep your cpu is being forced to 6x multi? thats quite strange, usually if you enabled speedstep then your cpu will be forced to x6 multi due to intel low power state.. or maybe im missing some point here :D

anyway, will post my result soon

flo

Here is one E5200 I was using at the beginning of 2009. I had 3 of these cpus, and, all of them were good overclockers. The last one I had, back at the beginning of the summer, was an R0 stepping, and could do 4.2ghz @ 1.39 volt 24/7 stable. I'll see if I can still find a screenshot. My 3 E5200 are back in their boxes where they can rest in peace.

image1nq9.jpg

DANG!!! you got a very nice chip there glussier :D

i can do 4Ghz, but temps quite bothering me.. i dont mind running 24/7 up to 1.45v MAX!

this is my final setting, and you can see temps spike to 65c tops due to a very hot ambient (30 - 32c) and 55c tops when ambient down to 23 - 25c

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
CPU Ratio Setting = 12
FSB Frequency = 325
PCI-E Frequency = 100
FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333

DRAM Frequency = DDR2-1044
DRAM Timing Control = Manual
CAS# Latency = 5
RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5
RAS# PRE Time = 5
RAS# ACT Time = 15

All Else to Auto

DRAM Static Read Control = Auto
DRAM Read Training = Auto
Mem. OC Charger = Auto
AI Transaction Booster = Auto

CPU Voltage = 1.41875
CPU PLL Voltage = 1.5
FSB Termination Voltage = 1.1
DRAM Voltage = 1.8
NB Voltage = 1.1
SB Voltage = 1.1

Loadline Calibration = Enabled
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled
Clock Over-Charging Voltage = Auto
CPU GTL Volage Reference = Auto
NB GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

e53stable.png

flo

do you mean if you "turn off" speedstep your cpu is being forced to 6x multi? thats quite strange, usually if you enabled speedstep then your cpu will be forced to x6 multi due to intel low power state.. or maybe im missing some point here :D

anyway, will post my result soon

flo

Yeah, if I disable speedstep in my bios, the CPU is forced at the 6x multi, even when under full 100% load. It doesn't make much sense.

I agree, a bios update might be in order.
When you disable speedstep and c1e it should lock it to 12.5 (or your setting), not 6.

long time since I read this thread and i see alot of nice OC'ed E5200, cant believe you got over 4Ghz, you water cooling?

I have trouble going over 335 FSB and 10.5 ratio, I think its just my chip :(

long time since I read this thread and i see alot of nice OC'ed E5200, cant believe you got over 4Ghz, you water cooling?

I have trouble going over 335 FSB and 10.5 ratio, I think its just my chip :(

No, air cooling, I was using an OCZ Gladiator Max.

Since I got a cheap backup GPU (thanks nzaneb), I was able to mess around with OCing my E5200 (R0) in an extra system. I've been able to get 3.812GHz (12.5x305MHz) at 1.27500v BIOS (1.280v Idle, 1.232v Load) IntelBurnTest stable with a max temp of 79C. I can't seem to get into Windows at 3.9GHz+...

System Specs:
Windows Vista x86
Cooler Master Elite 360
Intel E5200 R0
Xigmatek Cobra D984
Asus P5N-E
4x1GB Corsair DDR2-800 5-5-5-15
eVGA 8600GT
NZXT PP500 500W

BIOS Settings:
Code:
JumperFree Configuration
========================
AI Tuning	[Manual]

System Clocks
-------------
NB PCIE Frequency (MHz)	[100]

Voltage Control
---------------
VCore Voltage		[1.17500]
Memory Voltage		[Auto]	<-- There's no 1.8v setting, so I left on Auto.
NB Core Voltage		[1.748] <-- 650i needs a lot of volts with 4 DIMMs and OCing...
VCore offset Voltage	[+100mV]

FSB & Memory Config
-------------------
FSB - Memory Clock Mode	[Unlinked]
FSB - Memory Ratio	[]
FSB (QDR), MHz		[1220]
MEM (DDR), MHz		[814]

CPU Configuration
=================
CPU Multiplier			[12.5]
Enhanced C1 (C1E)		[Disabled]
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep	[Disabled]

Chipset
=======
Memory Timing Setting
---------------------
tCL			[5]
tRCD			[5]
tRP			[5]
tRAS			[15]
Command Per Clock	[2]
tRRD		[Auto]
tRC		[Auto]
tWR		[Auto]
tWTR		[Auto]
tREF		[Auto]
tRD		[Auto]
tRFC		[Auto]
Async Latency	[Auto]

LDT Frequency	[x1]

2.5GHz to 3.8GHz and for < $60 makes E5200s :attn:

That is a very impressive OC, lowest volts that for that speed range i've ever seen for an e5xxx.

Nice, that's crazy.

I have another EP45-UD3P coming, so maybe I'll try pushing my E5200 since it seems to be doing good even with low volts (no DICE tho, just air).

3GHz (333x9)
1.075V BIOS, 1.040 CPUZ
63C on load (RealTemp) with stock cooling
passed orthos blend test, didn't bother to test it further

I ran it faster too, like 3.5, but since I don't have an aftermarket cooler I'm more focused on temp, not speed. Did I simply get lucky with my piece or what? To me those voltages you guys are reporting seem unnececery (unnecessary?).

Here's my system specs:
cpu: E5200 with stock cooling @3.0GHz (333x9)
mb: Asus P5QL Pro
ram: 4GB (4x1GB) Kingston HyperX CL5 @667MHz 4-4-4-12 1.9V
graphics: Powercolor Ati HD 4670 512MB
HDD: WD 250GB
PSU: 400W bullshit make

Last edited:
Went for lower voltage and it's still stable.

3GHz (333x9)
1.025V bios
1.000 idle
.984 load

Although everything works fine, it still doesn't make sense to me that it uses a higher voltage on idle than on load. And it's not just now, it's allways like that, whatever the settings. Is there any logical explanation to this? Should I be worried?

Attachments

• 1998.bmp
    271.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 2997.bmp
    271.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Back