• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The red mist is descending . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Many of you know that I'm a little bit more than excited for No More Heroes. I'm excited to the point that I am forgoing food an needed medication so I can play this game. That is how much I want it.

North American release day (which does include Canada, last I checked a map) was January 22, 2008. That is today.

This morning, I woke up with a spring in my step and a smile on my face? 'Get laid last night?' people would've asked me had they seen me. Nothing could drag me down today. I had jerk customers, prick customers, and stupid customers with the IQ of pond scum. I dealt with the complete bottom of the barrel today when it came to customers, and I did it all with a smile 'cause I knew No More Heroes would be waiting for me on a shelf at Toys 'R' Us when I got off of work.

I spent an extra hour or so at work tonight, too, cleaning up extra calls. I knew it would still be there, waiting for me on the shelf like a long-lost loved one, welcoming me with open arms.

It was snowing, so I used extra caution. Before I left work, I made sure that the money from my savings account had been moved to my chequing so I could access it when I got to the terminal.

Pulled into TRU. Did a few donuts in the non-occupied section of the HUGE parking lot, and found a nice close place to park. I rushed in.

My hopes were dashed. The drone said that the game wasn't even in the system yet.

"Ok." I thought to myself. I'll just try EBGames! I'm sure they'll have it!

Dashed again. The drone behind the counter this time said it wasn't going to be released until February 1st. I know that's a crock of ****, what with all the gaming blogs I visit I would've heard about such a delay, even if it was just a Canadian delay. A bit chagrined, but determined, I went to the Futureshop in the adjacent mall. Nothing there, either. I didn't even bother to ask. Same w/ the Zeller's in the same mall, who usually have a pretty good selection of current games. I didn't bother there, either 'cause the clerk looked about 75-years-old and is pro'lly sick of fielding Wii questions of any kind so soon after Chrimbo.

Defeated, I made my way home. I'll try again tomorrow or order online.

well if ontario is like the west coast it take time for it to get to the "little" places

I live in the most populous region in Canada. I'm seriously considering taking a trip across the border and grabbing it.

I stopped at my local gamestop to pick it up today. Was told today was the "shipping date" and that it would be in tomorrow. BTW Oni, I'm in Buffalo, NY if thats where your heading across the border. Call ahead before making the trip.

I figured since I took a 1/2 day at work I'd pick it up and have some time to check it out. I'll probably wait till Saturday now and get it.

Checked another EBGames, and they list it as the 1st of February as well.

Dammit . . .

edit: A lot of talk is going on in the Gamespot forums and the CAG forums regarding this delay. Seems some stores are listing a 1/23 release, whereas some are stating the 2/01 release.

I may try another couple of stores tomorrow on my way home . . .

Last edited:
I've been pretty hot for this game since I've seen a few gameplay videos. The combat is solid and its very refreshing to see a mature Wii game.

deception``

If you find it locally. I demand another donut in a parking lot.

Screaming "Victory is mine!!"

Oh you cad...

Looks like I was right about Oni not getting the game, sorry buddy :(

p.s. I expect a full video review.

If you find it locally. I demand another donut in a parking lot.

Screaming "Victory is mine!!"

You're damn right I'll be doing that!

I keep forgetting whether that was delayed or SSBB...

SSBB got pushed back. NMH was supposed to have been pushed forward . . . to today.

Jerks. Why the hell can't they release at the same time in Canada as the US? I mean, Canadians are just like Americans, but more polite and without the gun. ;)

However, it is currently scoring well on Metacritic, with scores ranging from the mid 90s to the high 70s and an 87/100 overall.

My friend and I went out to 5 different wal-marts last night around 2am looking for this game but none had it :( they had a spot and price tag for it but no damn game!!! :p

I haven't crossed the border since Christmas, do you have your Visa. Aren't we supposed to have those now in order to border hop? I have to renew mine on my birthday, so I'll just be getting a new one since I'll be in Tennessee (I may want to come back and visit). If you're all set up to, then you could just go over to the US side or to Buffalo this weekend and grab it.

did ya call up best buy? walmarts? rcss? (work at RCSS and you'd be surprised that we actually have some gaming stuff that no-one else does). and hell if you dont give em a call and just go there... you could even hi the EB in the same plaza, a 4 for 1 shot.

Early reviews are promising. IGN gave it a 7.6 due to the sandbox gameplay, but Gamespot [which is typically stingier with their scores] gave it a 9.0.

deception``

I stopped into TRU today on the way to work, and asked again. This time the drone found it in the database with a release date of January 31. So I guess that's the Canadian release date.

Looks like I'll be heading to EBGames after work to drop down a pre-order. Dammit . . .

I don't know much about the game...

But, I'm curious why it sold poorly in Japan and seems so anticipated here. The situation isn't surprising at all, but I wonder what the set of reasons are this time. :)

You'll find that the Japanese and North American's have very different tastes, so I never go by game reviews or sales trends from Japan. A game like Katmarai may work them into a frenzy while North American's say "WTF? This sucks" while at the same time we get all excited over the annual release of Madden and the Japanese could care less.

Back