• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The red mist is descending . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, the manual had to be printed in both French and English or something. Bah.

Yep that sounds about right. Every product we make where I work, we have to have a separate version for Canada with English and French on it or else they'll reject it at the border.

As for NMH related info, my copy will arrive Wednesday from newegg, $46.99 no shipping/taxes :)

Looks like it could be fun, and from what I hear the characters and style is great, although everyone seems to blast the open world roaming as being pretty bad. Would like to hear what users think.

Just finished, took me about 15 hours to do so. Great game!

Overall, I'd say the open world aspect is pretty cool. You can run around to find cash, t-shirts in dumpsters, free fights, and balls that unlock more powerful moves. The cars work similar to GTA, they just get in your way and obey traffic signals. Usually if you run into a car with your bike, you just get wiped out, and the cars don't seem to mind and take no damage. You can run over pedestrians, but all that happens is they shout. No blood, no money.

Yeah, most reviews say that the overworld is completely lacking, but the battles and story more than make up for it.

Checked a few stores again tonight, as today was supposed to be the new Canadian release date, but lo and behold it's still not out. Futureshop said it was listed as 'in transit' so that may just mean 'we haven't put it out on the floor yet'. EB Games said something similar.

The waiting is KILLING me!

Got a call from EBGames today. No More Heroes is finally in!

I'ma see about taking off a little early today to grab it and play it a bit before I go out drinking tonight!

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE OMG OH JOYOUS DAY IT'S HERE!

I practically skipped out of the EB Games on Geneva St. in St. Catharines today. If anybody saw a skipping 250lb 26-year-old clutching a game tightly in his hands, why didn't you say 'hi'?!

And yes, so far, it's just as good as everybody keeps saying it is. Slitting up baddies like that will never ever get tired!

I just got it today, it's different to what I was expecting but the fighting is awesome. I've gotten the triple cherry and bell, it gets crazy when you land a winning slot! The minigames are pretty thinly veiled, but the apartment where you kick back is a nice touch, especially playing with the kitten :D

I really dig the slot machine. It makes for an interesting touch. I just love the fact that Travis shouts the special move he can do after hitting the jackpot.

"STRAWBERRY ON THE SHORTCAKE!! DIE!"

The goons shout funny stuff, too. 'My spleen' or 'I'm still a virgin!' in Shinobu's stage.

My favourite battle so far his been Destroyman. He has such a hilarious personality. And seriously, he got Travis with the oldest damn trick in the book. 'Heh. Destroyspark.' Zap!

I'm also obscenely glad that Nintendo did not censor the game in any way. Every curse is still there, every drop of blood is still present, every shout of pain is unaltered. It makes the game feel far more grown-up, and that's what it needs. It still manages to not take itself seriously. It's just fantastic.

One of my friends said that the slots are made to appear at certain times during the game...

Buy. Buy. Buy. Buy. BUY!!

This is a buy. Definitely a buy. Worth every friggin' penny. Every. Friggin'. Penny!

WOOT!!!!!

I haven't had a chance to touch the game since last monday night (wife in hospital giving birth by c-section and all... now at her parents till this friday)... but I've made it past #7 and lemme tell ya... this game is so worth it!

I may be insane... but i love the lawn-mowing minigame. Travis Touchdown moves like michael jackson when mowing.

#7 is Destroyman, right? Man, that's my most very favourite battle so far! He's such an awesome bad guy!

"Yeah, what is it, Mr. Cosplay?"

"Heh. Destroyspark."

#7 is Destroyman, right? Man, that's my most very favourite battle so far! He's such an awesome bad guy!

"Yeah, what is it, Mr. Cosplay?"

"Heh. Destroyspark."

Yeah. #7 was awesome. I still haven't had a chance to touch the game again yet.

#8 was sorta disturbing in a twisted-japanese kinda way.... who knew that killing a bunch of highschool ballers would be so fun?

#8 was Shinobu. That was a difficult fight, but not as difficult as #6, Holly Summers. She kicked my *** so hard I've got IRL bruises! Also, with the Holly fight, we finally find out that Travis is not as hard as he would like everybody to believe. He is, quite honestly, a completely likable character.

The #5 battle was kind of a letdown. I was all ready to throw down and then it gets stolen from me! Bah!

I've been collecting Lolikov balls lately, and have almost all of the special Lolikov Techniques. I'm missing two, but I'm working on rectifying that. I'd like to have them all, especially extended Dark Side Mode, before the end of the game. I'm also looking forward to getting the Tsubaki Mk-III. The Mk-II is a bit of a pain to use as it knocks back enemies sometimes, meaning you can't just mash the button like you could with the Mk-I or the Blood Berry, but the extra power more than makes up for that shortcoming. Being able to slice the heads off of like, 8 baddies in a single motion is very awesome.

Ok, first things first: Screw you, Bad Girl! Screw you and the horse you rode in on! Screw you and your alcoholism, screw you and your flaming bat, screw you and your gimps, and screw you and your ****ING weeping sessions!

Bad Girl has this nasty habit of feigning weeping fits. If you try to attack her while she's doing this, she trips you and beats the life out of you. It does not matter how much life you have left, she will win if this happens. I was so very nearly done the fight when she threw one of these feints. My left hand was cramping up so I put my nunchuk down to stretch. Well, I must've dropped it on the couch a little too hard, 'cause the accelerometer went off and registered Travis' spinning move. She then proceeded to beat the otaku life right out of my sorry carcass. I had to quit at that point. I was so freaking frustrated!

Now, keep in mind that I've been grinding since about 9:00 PM to get not only the Tsubaki Mk-III, but both upgrades for it (the final one costing LB$999,999). After achieving this, I went about making the entry fee. I spent more time grinding for my damn katana than I did for anything else. The katana is hella worth it though, 'cause it's 5 shades of awesome.

I'm going to try Bad Girl again tomorrow, and then try for #1. I have a feeling I know who #1 is.

Back