• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The red mist is descending . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I put down my pre-order at EBGames. As much as I hate pre-ordering, I want this game more than my next five minutes of oxygen.

/me grumbles

I put down my pre-order at EBGames. As much as I hate pre-ordering, I want this game more than my next five minutes of oxygen.

/me grumbles

you say this alot, considering the ammount of times you've said it, you should be ded but you aint so you musnt be holding up your end of the bargan

So im still confused is this game supposed to be out or not lol :confused:

I was confused as well.

I kept seeing the release date was 1/22. So I went to a Gamestop yesterday, only to find out 1/22 was the ship day. I checked around and every other store said the same thing, shipping on 1/22 and in stores 1/23. So I pre-ordered and went back today to pick it up.

I only played for an hour before I got summoned to the bar (hey, someone else paid for my drinks, how can one refuse:beer:) and its damn fun. I've only done one "story battle" against a ranked assassin, one side assassination, and one mini-game, but I feel pretty good about paying full price for this game.

I was confused as well.

I kept seeing the release date was 1/22. So I went to a Gamestop yesterday, only to find out 1/22 was the ship day. I checked around and every other store said the same thing, shipping on 1/22 and in stores 1/23. So I pre-ordered and went back today to pick it up.

I only played for an hour before I got summoned to the bar (hey, someone else paid for my drinks, how can one refuse:beer:) and its damn fun. I've only done one "story battle" against a ranked assassin, one side assassination, and one mini-game, but I feel pretty good about paying full price for this game.

Ah I checked my gamestop today but they didnt have it, ill check tom. before I go to work i guess :/

I've found that if a game mag or site says the release date is mm/dd/yyyy then if it is indeed released on time you can could on it being mm/dd/yyyy+1, why they just don't give that date to begin with is beyond me.... yeah, it's released but you can't get it until tomorrow :rolleyes:

I've found that if a game mag or site says the release date is mm/dd/yyyy then if it is indeed released on time you can could on it being mm/dd/yyyy+1, why they just don't give that date to begin with is beyond me.... yeah, it's released but you can't get it until tomorrow :rolleyes:

exactly, the one or two times I've tried to get a game on date of release, I go to the store to find out it's released....it's just on a truck somewhere...better check back in a day or two.....gee thanks.

Maybe I'm just like Guybrush Threepwood, and I can hold my breath for 10 minutes.

;)

Wow. Excellent reference. Gamespot gives the game a 9.0. That's a surprisingly great review from them. I may be picking this one up when it hits the used game market in a couple of weeks.

You'll find that the Japanese and North American's have very different tastes, so I never go by game reviews or sales trends from Japan. A game like Katmarai may work them into a frenzy while North American's say "WTF? This sucks" while at the same time we get all excited over the annual release of Madden and the Japanese could care less.

Yeah, I know that for sure. :) I could rant and rave about some of it, even...

But, since I know little about this particular game I wonder what's in it that they didn't care for and we're excited about...

Anyway...just stopped to read about the game some. :) Seems like a Japanese-American blend in style. I'm not sure what about it they wouldn't like. On our end, I'd probably get a little annoyed with the cliche names and such that they seem to frequently like. Maybe they don't like that the setting is technically in California or something.

Yeah, I know that for sure. :) I could rant and rave about some of it, even...

But, since I know little about this particular game I wonder what's in it that they didn't care for and we're excited about...

Anyway...just stopped to read about the game some. :) Seems like a Japanese-American blend in style. I'm not sure what about it they wouldn't like. On our end, I'd probably get a little annoyed with the cliche names and such that they seem to frequently like. Maybe they don't like that the setting is technically in California or something.

To me it looks like it has some awesome Kill Bill style battles. It definitely looks like the kind of game that you either love it or hate it. Finally looks like a good non-first party game for the Wii.

Wow. Excellent reference.

Thank you :)

whats a ghaybrush treewood?

This:

View attachment 62248

Main character from the Monkey Island series.

One of his skills was his ability to hold his breath for 10 minutes. It's never actually explained why he can do this. In the first or second game (I cannot remember at this point) the only way you could actually kill him was to leave him under water at a certain point in the game for longer than 10 minutes.

Too much hassle, and my license is still suspended in New York State due to failure to pay a speeding fine on time. :-/

I've got it pre-ordered with the full amount paid. I'm good :)

If it wasn't figured out yet, America got it the 23rd and Candians are getting it the 1st. From what I heard, it was do to the manual, but who knows.

Anyways, I got it wednesday [23rd] and finished it friday [25th]. Ten hours, but every hour was worth it. I won't say anything about the game or the assassins because I know not everyone has it just yet, but enjoy when you do.

Back