• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Secret is out! World of Warcraft Contest! UPDATE: Contest has been extended!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
The Secret is out! World of Warcraft Contest! UPDATE: Contest has been extended!

Contest deadline has been extended to April 1st, 2007 at 11:59PM EDT. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke!!

It's contest time, World of Warcraft lovers!

On the line, from our good friends at Ideazon (via the fantastic people at iNet Interactive) are as follows:

The Fabulous Prizes!

All you have to do to win one of these fabulous prizes is make something with World of Warcraft. Machinima, artwork, music, Flash animation, whatever. Make it interesting, thought-provoking or just plain cool. Make us laugh, cry, or think. There are a couple of rules though:

The Rules:

• Keeping in mind that this is a G-rated forum, all posts for the contest must be G-rated. No machinima with movie skits like ‘What does Marcellus Wallace Look Like?’ or nude Night Elf art (However, if you have those things, my PM inbox is always open :))

• Keep it short. You may want to make an epic machinima or Flash, but neither I nor the rest of the judges want to sit through a 25-minute presentation. Keep it around 5 minutes or so.

• Do yourself (and us) a favour and get a YouTube or PhotoBucket account if you’re going to post images. If your image is huge then please use a thumbnail image, resize it before you post it, or just post a link.

• Keep in mind that we are not all World of Warcraft gamers, and lots of us don’t know many of the terms involved in the game. Keep your entries lingo-lite and save our (the judges) sanity.

• What you submit must be made by you! Don’t just go digging around on the internets for World of Warcraft-related stuff and try to pass it off as your own. We will find out. If you do, you will be disqualified. Also, I will make fun of you.

• Only one entry per person. Accounts will be cross-checked to eliminate multiple entries from a single person. If a member is found to be doing this, they will be disqualified, and again, I will make fun of you.

• And finally, the rules above may be subject to change without notice, but I think I covered just about everything, so don't worry too much ;).

I think that’s about all the rules, now hop to it! The contest will be running from today (Monday, March 12th, 2007) until Monday, March 26th, 2007. Cut-off time is 23:59 EDT on Sunday, March 25th, 2007, after which, no further entries will be accepted. No exceptions will be made! Keep this in mind. Get your entries in early!

Judging will take place on Monday, March 26th, 2007 from all the entries submitted, until we narrow it down to the final three. Judging will be done by Moderators only. This leaves the contest open to the Senior Members, too. The winners will be posted by me as soon as they are selected.

Have fun, and good luck!

Last edited:
z0n3 said:
I think that this is all secretly a ploy for Oni to make fun of people.

Well then, don't enter. I'll just keep all the prizes for myself ;)

Go! Make something cool!

And I only make fun of people who do bad things anyways. Just don't do something against the rules and you won't have to worry about me making fun of you :)

while World of Warcraft isn't my thing, This is still pretty interesting.

Doesn't bother me though. I just hope i see some funny sh*t come from this!

For all those that enter, Good luck!

hUMANbEATbOX said:
and how can i make a WoW video if i don't own the game? :confused:

thats where you got confused.

the rules didn't say you have to use a WoW video.

from what i understand, it just needs to be WoW based. It could be as simple as a picture, or a small comic strip ( think 8-bit theater, Penny-arcate, CTRLALTDEL comics, VGCats...etc.. ).

sure, video's are the first thing that comes to mind, but there are many many other options than just in-game Wow video's.

ps. yes, i just did give out a few free idea's :p

well, seeing as i know almost NOTHING about wow, i'd say i'm effectively OUT of this contest. ;)

but i wish everyone luck who does enter, those seem like some sweet prizes. :D

hope there is a good turn out, so maybe we can have more contests in the future. :)

zexmarquies01 said:
thats where you got confused.

the rules didn't say you have to use a WoW video.

from what i understand, it just needs to be WoW based. It could be as simple as a picture, or a small comic strip ( think 8-bit theater, Penny-arcate, CTRLALTDEL comics, VGCats...etc.. ).

sure, video's are the first thing that comes to mind, but there are many many other options than just in-game Wow video's.

ps. yes, i just did give out a few free idea's :p

You hit the nail on the head, brother. It does NOT have to be machinima! It can be ANYTHING regarding WoW. A short story, a drawing, a comic, anything! It just has to be related to WoW somehow.

carebearspairmagnetc117wh5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back