• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CyberGecko - nice build.

Were you not at all worried about any leakage from the reservoir? I did consider mounting mine there but was too nervous about anything taking a little trip into the PSU. That said, I suppose a leak anywhere in the loop could make it's way to the PSU, so it is probably as safe as anywhere.

thanks.

Thanks all for the compliments!

gcwebbyuk - As for leaking I did test the loop before putting it into the case, I also use a Non-Conductive fluid in the system made by primochill that is less likley to cause damage if a leak did accure being that it wouldn't cause a short between curcuits but rather just currosion on components. At first i was a little worried but really didn't have much places to put one seeing how all my 5.25 bays were full. The only other option i could come up wih was to mod the case and remove the open 3.5 bays and the 2.5 bays (i use all hot swap spots for hdd's and sdd's belod the open bays) and put it there but the way i see it paying $120 for a popped psu is better than trying to replace a wd black 500gb hdd and the g.skill sdd as well as all the data loss if it would have leaked in the other spot.

Thanks all for the compliments!

gcwebbyuk - As for leaking I did test the loop before putting it into the case, I also use a Non-Conductive fluid in the system made by primochill that is less likley to cause damage if a leak did accure being that it wouldn't cause a short between curcuits but rather just currosion on components. At first i was a little worried but really didn't have much places to put one seeing how all my 5.25 bays were full. The only other option i could come up wih was to mod the case and remove the open 3.5 bays and the 2.5 bays (i use all hot swap spots for hdd's and sdd's belod the open bays) and put it there but the way i see it paying $120 for a popped psu is better than trying to replace a wd black 500gb hdd and the g.skill sdd as well as all the data loss if it would have leaked in the other spot.

Non-Conductive. You fell for the hype. It's conductive by now. By it's nature pure water is non conductive. Your stuff is more conductive than pure water because it has stuff added to it.

The dust and such that collects on the mobo and other parts is what causes issues. The water or hype liquid once it drips on something mixes with the molecules, dust, dried skin flakes you shed as you stood over your PC are conductive, add in liquid, there ya go.

No leaks, looks pretty good. Hows the temps with that pump and Prime 95 and furmark running for 30 min at the same time?

conumdrum must of seen lots and lots of bad things happen with dyes and coolants :)

Non-Conductive. You fell for the hype. It's conductive by now. By it's nature pure water is non conductive. Your stuff is more conductive than pure water because it has stuff added to it.

The dust and such that collects on the mobo and other parts is what causes issues. The water or hype liquid once it drips on something mixes with the molecules, dust, dried skin flakes you shed as you stood over your PC are conductive, add in liquid, there ya go.

No leaks, looks pretty good. Hows the temps with that pump and Prime 95 and furmark running for 30 min at the same time?

Guess i did fall for the hype, i did test it out on a super old psu though and it didn't short it out. Either way i guess that just the risk i'll have to take to make the system run cool. :thup:

As for the temps, I run Ubuntu Linux on my computer so I cant really run Prime 95 or Furmark, I have tested the stability with Hardinfo for linux and it has run for over 72 straight hours doing media conversions and i never have seen temps higher than 49c on the CPU and 53c on the graphics card. I also havn't had a problem with the 9800gt running the 8800gt block without extra heat sinks for the mosfets. All in all I say not bad for a $300 liquid setup

you could try mprime, but I've heard of people having a hard time getting that to run right...I think it's aging and no longer supported or smn weird.

Guess i did fall for the hype, i did test it out on a super old psu though and it didn't short it out. Either way i guess that just the risk i'll have to take to make the system run cool. :thup:

As for the temps, I run Ubuntu Linux on my computer so I cant really run Prime 95 or Furmark, I have tested the stability with Hardinfo for linux and it has run for over 72 straight hours doing media conversions and i never have seen temps higher than 49c on the CPU and 53c on the graphics card. I also havn't had a problem with the 9800gt running the 8800gt block without extra heat sinks for the mosfets. All in all I say not bad for a $300 liquid setup

It's the risk we all take. Liquids in a PC? We's silly people! Just so ya know, your golden with watercooling. I love it too.

IMG_0507.jpg

Yea, I get that a lot at work... "you have water in your computer? that doesn't seem like a good idea to me" I always reply with " I would much rather run the risk of liquid leaking over the almost guarantee of frying some components trying to clock my CPU at 4GHz on air!"

Very clean setup you have there as well! I just love the look, and speed of a good liquid cooled box!

Last edited:
Did you have to tap holes to get that triple rad on the top like that? I've been looking at those HAF cases. They look nice but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to mount a rad on the top like that since no pics really show the top of the inside of the case. Thanks.

Did you have to tap holes to get that triple rad on the top like that? I've been looking at those HAF cases. They look nice but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to mount a rad on the top like that since no pics really show the top of the inside of the case. Thanks.

No I did not, the RX360 just bolted right up with no problems.

This is my Baby. I like to thank Conumdrum, Dark Bishop, Muddocktor, Spawn-Inc and Hokiealumnus for your advise in leading me in the right direction but my thick headed self decided to learn the hard way. So thanks you guys. Got the idea from an article in Popular Mechanics, Click Here to see. To see the short Build Log, in my Sig click on My Project Lavender. To see the Long Build Log, Click Here its on PhotoBucket. So anyways, here's my build.

IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks I.M.O.G.! I do have some tidying up to do with it. I'm currently struggling with whether or not to introduce UV dye. I already have the UV lights integrated into the set up, but I'm afraid of clogged blocks and stained tubing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back