• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my finished loop

So, I decided to go WC in May, and finished my 1st loop in June. It has been a learning process and I am not finished. I have changed the design of my loop a few times, and still have some tweaking to go. In the beginning, I had my res inside my case, mounted on the 2 rear exhaust fans. However the tube going from the cpu block to the res was just pinched enough for me to not be comfortable with it. At which point I just moved the res outside of the case until I have time to buy the fitting I need to go from the block to the res without any pinched tubing. I will have everything mounted inside the case when the project is complete, just need the time :(

But here is my setup so far and I have gotten my i7 930 over 4.3GHz stable with LinX :)

Here is mine:

watercooling010.jpg

watercooling014.jpg

watercooling022.jpg

watercooling029.jpg

Here is my toy, the case is an HAF 932. I'm using the magicool 1080 rad. (I'll post pics of it when I'm happy with it's support structures.) The hose for the return on the radiator comes in the fill port on the top of the HAF. Temps are pretty good max is about 31c @ 4.2 ghz. Flowrate is right at about 1.5gpm + a touch.

I used a dremel to cut holes in the 5.25" drive-bay floor and to cut an outlet for the pump-hose from the 3.5" drive-bays. I never use CD's and I use an external when I do. I'm going to try and find a stand up drive bay to sit in front of the power supply if I ever need more drives.

This was my very first water-cooling build. It's not as pretty as I had initially designed it (the loop was supposed to go straight to the a t-fitting and then to the pump).

I first had the t-fitting up top (between rad to block) but realized that it was too heavy and the tubing was slipping from under the compression fitting on the rad (i could have tightened it, but this way felt more comforting to not have to worry if it will slip in the future).

Water-cooling parts:
MCP655
GTX240
Apogee XT
ClearFlex-60
8x Feser CFs

i7 920 (4.0 1.38)
avg high
42C 62C
38C 59C
38C 59C
37C 58C

Future upgrade: new fans!

16m4ufn.jpg
2rztd2t.jpg
20tknlt.jpg

Thanks to all for the encouragement.

yeah, looking good. did you try to landscape your monitors?

I had originally intended to landscape the monitors, but it was just too wide! It's several feet of real estate to move the cursor from the right monitor to the left, and if you're typing in a window in one of the side monitors then you really have to crane your neck around. Luckily the Catalyst 10.10 leaked beta drivers support portrait eyefinity + crossfire :)

Since the last pic up here, i have been given a new case. and updated the cpu motherboard and memory to an I7 build , Specs In Sig

I saw a post online saying they were gona bin the case and it was up for grabs, i had to carry it home on the tube (it was heavy) , but it was worth it
it even had a old amd system (with no hard drives in) i sold the parts in it on ebay for about £30 , so it was worth the journey :p

The case i got given is a 4u Rack Mount case. I have taken the handles of the front, and stood it on its side to make it a tower style case

I dont know the exact model of the case, but it looks alot like this one http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129728

Pic Showing the radiator mounted on the top of the case.
IMG173.jpg

Pic Showing the fan/shroud on the radiator, top 1 is the fan, thinner one is the shroud
IMG177.jpg

Showing the rad "mount" i didn't have access to any power tools, luckily the holes that held the handle on the case originally lined up perfectly with the holes on the rad grill, the metal bracket also went in holes from the handle giving it abit more support.
IMG176.jpg

Shows the blocks inside. sorry about the bad quality, mobile phone pictures.
IMG175.jpg

I like the case, its sturdy and proper heavy, with lots of space for drives etc, however, it has almost no wire management, most of the psu wires are hidden in the optical bay up top.I plan to get a extension cable for the pump (molex) and the fans so i can stop having the wires trail through the middle of the case.

Im still using a D tek fusion V2 block, but because of the socket 1156 back plate, i couldnt use the original back plate for the waterblock, so i had to use my own one.

Last edited:
So, I promised pics here they are:

darkside002.jpg

darkside003.jpg

darkside004.jpg

darkside006.jpg

Yes I know my garage is a sty, lol. I've had a ton of projects going lately. The radiator has about 6 inches of wood on it's sides form a shroud. I cut a pvc pipe in half and screwed it into the frame to make rails for the rad to be toolessly removed. I used clippers and just snipped out the grate on the bottom of the HAF 932, I did have to dremel up to the HD cage to give the hoses more clearance.

My big fan is being worked on atm (one of those projects) Right now I have a 350 cfm 22" box fan pulling and a 1000 cfm shop fan pushing. The top of the wooden rad box has 4 2" holes cut in it, when the system is on the stand it actually fits "in" the stand in those 4 holes, this make it all MUCH more stable (I tried it without it and almost lost the case, but now it doesnt even wiggle.

I'm sure everyone is going to rush to point out with my case having no clearance on the bottom, that the PSU fan should not be pulling in air. That would normally be correct but the top of the rad box is cut to accommodate the radiator sliding in and out. The bottom is also clipped out of the machine so the bottom is open air.

That cold cathode velcro's to the case door, it's not normally hanging out there.

New to site figured I'd post my rig

Hi all. I'm new to the site but I've been building for years. Figured I would post my Box and see what you think. Its nothing special but does what i need it to...

Specs:
-Xion Predator Case
-MSI 870A-G54 Motherboard
-AMD AM3 Phenom II 955 CPU (Daily Clocked at 3.9GHz)
-G.Skill DDR3 1600 (8GB)
-Gigabyte 9800gt Video Card
-D-Link WDA-556 Wireless Network Card
-Samsung DVD/CD Writer with Litescribe
-G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (R/W @)
-WD Caviar Blue3Gb/s 500GB HDD (R/W @)
-WD Black 6Gb/s 500GB HDD (R/W @)
-Silverstone 700W modular Power supply

Cooling System:
-EK Supreme-LT AM3 Water Block
-EK Supreme 8800gt Water Block
-Black ICE Pro II Compact 240 Radiator
-XSPC X2O 450 Reservoir & Pump
-Primochill hoses, Clamps, and Fluid
-G.Skill Ram Cooler
-X4 120mm Fans (X1 -133cfm) (X3-63cfm)
-AeroCool Modern-V Temperature/Fan Control System

-Ubuntu Linux 10.04 (64bit Version)

66564_1648398018309_1487721236_31608756_811503_n.jpg

P1070914.jpg

P1070917.jpg

Hi all. I'm new to the site but I've been building for years. Figured I would post my Box and see what you think. Its nothing special but does what i need it to...

Specs:
-Xion Predator Case
-MSI 870A-G54 Motherboard
-AMD AM3 Phenom II 955 CPU (Daily Clocked at 3.9GHz)
-G.Skill DDR3 1600 (8GB)
-Gigabyte 9800gt Video Card
-D-Link WDA-556 Wireless Network Card
-Samsung DVD/CD Writer with Litescribe
-G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (R/W @)
-WD Caviar Blue3Gb/s 500GB HDD (R/W @)
-WD Black 6Gb/s 500GB HDD (R/W @)
-Silverstone 700W modular Power supply

Cooling System:
-EK Supreme-LT AM3 Water Block
-EK Supreme 8800gt Water Block
-Black ICE Pro II Compact 240 Radiator
-XSPC X2O 450 Reservoir & Pump
-Primochill hoses, Clamps, and Fluid
-G.Skill Ram Cooler
-X4 120mm Fans (X1 -133cfm) (X3-63cfm)
-AeroCool Modern-V Temperature/Fan Control System

-Ubuntu Linux 10.04 (64bit Version)

man, I love how clean your build is, looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back