• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal pad on ThermoEngine????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13oots2

Thought I would get better results by removing thermal pad and applying thermal paste. Heatsink is definately level and have tried several times to reduce temperature, it now runs 8 C higher than with pad.
Hopefully have new pad coming tomorrow, anyone have any ideas as to the increase in temps? I always thought paste was better than pads.

what type of thermal paste are you using. The TIM on the thermoengine is the best out there, but good thermal paste even of the white variety should be better.

William (Jul 03, 2001 03:18 p.m.):
what type of thermal paste are you using. The TIM on the thermoengine is the best out there, but good thermal paste even of the white variety should be better.

Just standard white paste, here the strange thing. Am getting worse results than with my old retail HSF. No matter what I try it still hits 50 C with the panels off. Before was getting 39.5 C and 44 C with old HSF (which I gave away).

From what I've seen there is only about 1C difference between ASII and the Phase change thermal pad on the ThermoEngine with ASII being 1C cooler.
Are you using a Shim by any chance?
Randy

Back