• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking of getting a used e8400 what constitutes a good one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BossBorot

as the title says I'm thinking about getting a used e8400. I have avoided looking up e8400 overclocks for awhile now just because I would be so temped to get one. Due to that I am completely clueless when it comes to picking a good e8400.

However I want a good one and am willing to pay over retail for a used good one. So what overclocks at what voltage are considered above average enough to be worth shelling out the extra bucks for?

PS: I already know that overclocks on other systems to not always translates over etc etc

as the title says I'm thinking about getting a used e8400. I have avoided looking up e8400 overclocks for awhile now just because I would be so temped to get one. Due to that I am completely clueless when it comes to picking a good e8400.

However I want a good one and am willing to pay over retail for a used good one. So what overclocks at what voltage are considered above average enough to be worth shelling out the extra bucks for?

PS: I already know that overclocks on other systems to not always translates over etc etc

I haven't had the opportunity to oc mine very much due to a BIOS issue with my model of mobo (can't raise vCore above stock) but anything above 4.0 Ghz running 1.2 - 1.4 vCore is excellent (or so I understand). Hell, anything over 3.8 Ghz is excellent, IMO.

Here, check this out: Best batch code of E8400's

Last edited:
Back