• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This fan is driving me insane...please help before I kill a helpless rodent!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calistograph

Registered
Heh heh, I have a very obnoxious Delta 60MM 7400 RPM fan on my FOP-38. I can't take it anymore; and my wife says she is leaving me if I don't do something about it! Is there a 80MM fan that's quiet that works just as well WITH sensor? Need the 3 wire. Maybe need a fan adaptor too.

Thanks,
Meat

Calistograph (Apr 12, 2001 10:36 a.m.):
Heh heh, I have a very obnoxious Delta 60MM 7400 RPM fan on my FOP-38. I can't take it anymore; and my wife says she is leaving me if I don't do something about it! Is there a 80MM fan that's quiet that works just as well WITH sensor? Need the 3 wire. Maybe need a fan adaptor too.

Thanks,
Meat

How about a Sunon 80mm 3-pin fan? The spec's are:

2900RPM, 39CFM and 32dBA.

Thanks,
Meat

Either try to use an 80mm fan as suggested, or insert a variable resistor (25ohm, 3W type available at ratshackinto the 12V lead.

Yo

You don't need an adapter, the spring clips that hold the 60mm fan onto the FOP will stretch enough to hold the 80mm fan on just fine. That's what I've done with mine. That delta fan was driving me crazy too. I used a Sunon high output fan that is rated 42 CFM and is 10 db quieter, a very noticeable difference in noise level and it cools better than the 60mm screamer.

That sunon sounds good. Where can I find the sunon 80MM hi output fan he speaks of? Oh, I found one at plycon but its 4 wire. Is this, can this, be made into sensor fan to plug into my mobo header on my kt7raid?

I have looked everywhere. Apparently you can't get a hi output fan like that sunon with 3 wire because of the power it draws and I only want a 3pin fan on my cpu. Any recommendations? Should i go with the 80MM sunon with the 3 pin?

I have the same exact fan on my FOP32. IT runs pretty quiet, quieter than the YS Tech 26cfm job that was on it. Runs about 1c cooler also.
I got a 60-80mm adapter to try out on it, but you really don't need it. I just wanted to eliminate the dead spot over the fan hub. I doubt it will improve temps at all though.
AKDUDE

Thanks,
Meat

Let me know if you are looking for a good home for that Delta....I'd be interested.

Mr B

Mr. B, I'll trade you a 60mm Delta fan with 3 pin to 4 pin adaptor and chrome grill for that old AMD 266 chip you have, if you can't get that MB to work. I have a buddy without much funds looking to replace his POS Cyrix socket 7 chip.

batboy (Apr 15, 2001 07:46 a.m.):
Mr. B, I'll trade you a 60mm Delta fan with 3 pin to 4 pin adaptor and chrome grill for that old AMD 266 chip you have, if you can't get that MB to work. I have a buddy without much funds looking to replace his POS Cyrix socket 7 chip.

If it's one of the 60x60x25 "hair driers" that every one complains about....

DONE !!!

I'll e-mail you the specifics (address, etc...)

I've got a Delta 60x60x10 on the PEP66T/Celeron setup, and can't help but wonder if a touch more cooling might yield 1062 MHz. This fan works great, nice and quiet, but more airflow might get me a bit more "oooph".

Mr B

AKDUDE (Apr 15, 2001 12:11 a.m.):
I have the same exact fan on my FOP32. IT runs pretty quiet, quieter than the YS Tech 26cfm job that was on it. Runs about 1c cooler also.
I got a 60-80mm adapter to try out on it, but you really don't need it. I just wanted to eliminate the dead spot over the fan hub. I doubt it will improve temps at all though.
AKDUDE

becasue u really dont need the 60mm-80mm adapter on the FOP32 can u maybe give it to me cuz this DELTA is killing me
i will pay

I upgraded to winamp 2.74, got a new pair of Technics fully closed hgeadphones and now my 38cfm Delta is no longer a problem to me.

It still upsets everyone else though.

Can't wait for fans like the millenium copper where noise level has been considered and airflow maximised.

Yeah my family hates this damn fan. My computer has ten fricken fans in it with 8 of them controlled/monitored by a Digital Doc 5. My computer floats about 1 inch off of the desk when they all kick in. Heh heh.

If this fan works for me, I'll donate my fan to some poor sole who is deciding between feeding is family and buying a fan. Heh heh. I sure as well don't want this loud mutha anymore. I would give it to my worst enemy.

Calistograph (Apr 15, 2001 08:06 p.m.):
Yeah my family hates this damn fan. My computer has ten fricken fans in it with 8 of them controlled/monitored by a Digital Doc 5. My computer floats about 1 inch off of the desk when they all kick in. Heh heh.

If this fan works for me, I'll donate my fan to some poor sole who is deciding between feeding is family and buying a fan. Heh heh. I sure as well don't want this loud mutha anymore. I would give it to my worst enemy.

I reiterate, if you would like to find a good home for it....heck, I'll reimburse you the shipping....USPS Priority would be $3.50 for a box that size.

Mr B

Back