• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is why people buy from Cathar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EluSiOn said:
us dollar is backed up by the US airborne division 101 :D

Ahmen! That's exactly what a lot of gloom and doom economists forget about when the US economy is sickly. Sorry to be off topic.

I wonder if I can find a silver supplier to support my water block creation hobby (addiction). It probably wouldn't hurt if I raised my quality standards to. Note to self: establish some sort of quality standard. :)

Great work Cathar!

O

Cathar said:

Actually I just sat down with a pen, the receipts, some paper and a calculator and worked out what it costs me to put together an AMD Cascade SS, right from beginning to a packaged box ready to go. I hadn't really done this before but I had a fair idea that I was cutting things pretty finely but really didn't care as I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it purely for the hobby and satisfaction that I get from the people who (hopefully) enjoy their block.

It worked out to a grand total $245 Aussie dollars (AUD) outlayed per block, and that doesn't actually include about 3 hours of my time spent per block.

For an AMD Cascade SS I asked for $253 AUD (not including shipping). Paypal surcharges eats about $11 AUD of that which I'm not allowed to charge for according to Paypal policy (but I do ask for 3% extra to cover the foreign exchange rate conversion to my currency), leaving me with ~$242 received from any one person.

So at the end of the day each SS block is costing me about $3 AUD (or ~$2 US) to send to someone, plus 3 hours of my time.

What do you think would be a fair amount for me to reduce the price by to make it easier for others to afford?

Holy ****. You are a noble man. :D

I could not believe my eyes when I got the currency conversion for myself. :D

PS-US currency has not been backed by a gold or silver standard for many years....no biggie there. :rolleyes:

JFettig said:
well thats what happens when the us dollar is backed up by nothing.... :rolleyes:

Jon
Yeah Fort KNox is nothin...

Umm I have a question why is nikhsub1 Casecade SS 2 barbed when vonkaar has 3 barbs... is it because they are a differnt batch?

No, Cathar will put how many ever barbs on it as you want it, since it's like a special type block thing.

I as well, requested a pure gold waterblock to be plated in granite.

I like waterfalls with fires under them.

It will have a single barb that measures 400" across.

not to be nosy........but did you Little River Waterblocks make any funds when you sold the whitewater to d-tek? their quality control is absent and takes the feeling out of a waterblock.....

vonkaar in a different thread said:
haha... where is your SS UberBlue? I was looking forward to yours because your system is pretty much 'good to go'. My results won't be 'published' for another month =/. Freaking chiller problems...

You just HAD to ask...

shrine-to-cathar.jpg

Cathar,

Your work is very much appreciated!

Sorry about the thread crap, I couldn't resist.

You know its threads like this which makes me proud to be a moderator of these forums.
It amazes me what resourcefull members we have and I find myself proud to have seen such quality work develop and improve over time.... Your standards, ethics, and love of the hobby humble me greatly Cather.
I also find I enjoy greatly the responce threads like this bring from the community.. I bet someone is inspired enough to create something.

Its good to be a overclocker :D

BUAHAHAHAH @ UberBlue....you should charge admission for people to see it....like a little Cathar Block Exhibit in your home. 0_o

Back