• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin3's GTX 1080 Ti (FE)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From the sounds of it, the FE cards are doing just as well as the after market cooler models. Sounds like they might be driver/bios limited to me.

Were you able to determine if x8 made any difference in PPD as to x16 on this card? This is a great card but I dont wanna spend $$ on a 40 lane chip if I could just do x16/x8 or x8/x8/x8 and get equal results.

The PLX chip sounds like something that would fail somewhere down the road, any long term history out there to prove reliability?

Drivers?

Torin3, ChristianFAH, and others folding with 1080Tis, what drivers are working best for you? I've got a Ti on order to use for Folding@Home.

I'm running 378.78's on my main computer with 2 1080 Tis in it right now and not having any issues at the moment. Running between 900K and 1.3M PPD depending on WUs.

Were you able to determine if x8 made any difference in PPD as to x16 on this card? This is a great card but I dont wanna spend $$ on a 40 lane chip if I could just do x16/x8 or x8/x8/x8 and get equal results.

The PLX chip sounds like something that would fail somewhere down the road, any long term history out there to prove reliability?

I have been running 2 z97 boards with A plx chip from Z9*7 release, no problems at all.

Back