• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tried everything....still couldn't pass 3.2ghz..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raydeon

I have a Q6600 and it runs very stable @ 3.15ghz...however at 3.2ghz it ALWAYS tells me either work thread #2 or #4 has fatal error while the other 3 are doing just fine.. at 3.3ghz it bluescreens 1 minutes into prime95 and at 3.4ghz it wont even load windows XP...

I've tried 2x1gb OCZ reapers 800mhz 5-5-5-15 and 4x1gb Crucial Ballistix 800mhz 4-4-4-12
I've also tried to even +0.5v to those rams (2.3v total that is)
I've also also tried increasing the vcore voltage to 1.475v....VID is 1.325v
I've also also also tried to change the multiplier from 9X to 8X, same result..

non of these helped me...

CPU temp. doesnt seem to be an issue since they arent high. 42, 37, 37, 40 at idle.

so, guys, what's holding my back ? I just cant figure out why all other ppl with the same mobo and CPU are doing steady 3.4ghz and mine cant even stable @ 3.2ghz ??

here is the BIOS setting last time I tried (fyi: I have tried every single lower setting than the following, none worked):

Advanced BIOS Features
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) Disable
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) Disable
CPU EIST Function (Note) Disable

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
CPU Host Clock Control Enabled
x CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) 377
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) 100
System Memory Multiplier (SPD) 843

System Voltage Control
DDR2 OverVoltage Control: +.05v (default is 1.8v)
PCI-E OverVoltage Control [Normal]
FSB OverVoltage Control +0.3v
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control +0.3v
CPU Voltage Control 1.475v

Last edited:
Is this a revision G0 or B3? If it's a B3, 3.2GHz is a fairly common upper overclock.

Back