• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to choose a new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

I'm trying to choose a new case and am wondering if there's anything I'm overlooking here.

This is my list of cases I'm considering at the moment:

Corsair 450D: 240mm/280mm/360mm in top (push or pull only), 280mm in front (possibly a 240mm) (if drive cages are removed), 240mm in bottom (if drive cages are removed)
Corsair 650D: 240mm/280mm in top (push-pull may be possible, but is hardware dependent)
Corsair 750D: 240mm/280mm/360mm in top (push-pull), 240mm/280mm in front (push-pull) (if drive cages are removed), 240mm in bottom (push-pull) (if drive cages are removed)
Corsair 500R: 240mm/280mm in top (normally push or pull only, push-pull may be possible with some hardware if pull fans are mounted on top of case, but may require modifications to the case (below outer cover)), 240mm in front (push-pull) (provided all drive cages are removed) , fans can be mounted on drive cages
Corsair C70: 240mm/280mm in top (push or pull only, unless fans are mounted outside of the case), 240mm/280mm in bottom (push-pull) (if drive cages are removed), 240mm in front (maybe), fans can be mounted on drive cages

For quite some time I was thinking of going with the 750D, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I'd be paying extra money for a more expensive case when I might be able to get what I want and need in a less expensive one.

Last edited:
What's your list of wants and needs?
It'll help us help you with a case if you can bullet those out for us instead of just a list of cases with some info after them.

Back