• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to OC my i5 3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

filing69

Hello there,

Last days i have bought a cooler CM hyper 212 evo for my cpu..my idea is to overclock it

I have read some guides but i want to be sure whats the limit...because of my mobo...i have a asrock z77 pro 3..some people told me i can OC it till 4.0ghz max

its true? or depends of other factors?

my psu is xfx 750w bronce
8 gb ram jigsaw
gpu gtx 970

OUr guide has the limits in it... check it out... give it a whirl and see where you end up! If you have questions, let us know!
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Beginners-How-to-set-your-25-6-700K-to-4-5Ghz

Short answer... depends on other factors... doubtful the mobo will hold it back though.

jigsaw ram, lol, do you mean Ripjaws?

Yea ripjaws hahahah my bad

I read that guide now..it says z77...but i think z77 extreme 4 is superior to my pro 3... well maybe the one told me i can oc it max to 4.0ghz was joking

I will keep reading..or maybe watch tutorials on youtube

Again, the motherboard is not likely to hold you back. Give it a try and see what happens. If it does get wonky, lower the voltage and clocks. ;)

Guides do not get much more basic than that... you have to take hte plunge sometime!

Your motherboard has only a 4 phase power component but you still should be able to get over 4 ghz in the overclock. The motherboard may or may not prove to be a limiting factor. Keep an eye on core temps, socket temps and core voltages with HWMonitor as you overclock. The Ivy Bridge CPUs tended to run hot and so core temp could prove to be the limiting factor with the cooler you are using. Many people "delidded" those CPUs to lower temps.

Last edited:
I think he probably will be able to get past 4.0 ghz but not too much past. Core temps or voltage may limit him anyway.

IIRC, I had one to 4.5 GHz with a 3570K back in the day... I think..? LOL.. that feels pointless to say, ha!

Anyway, the board may come into play, but I was betting more on temps and the Hyper212 being the limiting factor first. :)

My 2500k has been running 4.5 on a CM 212 1.36x V since day one back in 2011 IIRC. Though, I'm on a Asrock Z77 Ext 4.

Ok guys, i set offset to -0.010 after 30 min intel burn test i got 1204 vcore max...80c temp and i overclocked to 4.1 ghz

I can keep trying? or it doesnt depend of those facts only ?

Hello there,

Last days i have bought a cooler CM hyper 212 evo for my cpu..my idea is to overclock it

I have read some guides but i want to be sure whats the limit...because of my mobo...i have a asrock z77 pro 3..some people told me i can OC it till 4.0ghz max

its true? or depends of other factors?

my psu is xfx 750w bronce
8 gb ram jigsaw
gpu gtx 970

My guess is 4.2-4.4 . 4 should be easy

You're running out of temp room. Each additional .1 ghz will require considerably more vcore to make stable than the one before it.

You're running out of temp room. Each additional .1 ghz will require considerably more vcore to make stable than the one before it.

true. i did 4,3 ghz and 1.272 max vcore...its stable..ill leave all night prime95

When I got my 3770k, I initially used the optimized defaults, and the bios always tried to run the cpu at 4.1 or 4.2 with a hyper 212 evo. That was what the board considered to be stock clocks lol. My brother said this thing spent 5 years with him at 102x41 because that's what the board said was stock :shrug:

So my guess is 4.1-4.3.. I am running my cpu at x44 because it is the same voltage the board autos to for 4200.. for me 4400 is 1.17v, 4500 1.215, 4600 1.275, 4700 1.35, 4800 1.4. Although I didn't test x48 thoroughly, I used intel burn test for all previous clocks.. These things get hot! Lol.

Back