• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Armor front mount radiator HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad I stumbled across this thread. I just bought an Armor tonight, and looking at buying a MCR-320 to mount in the front. Good to know that I'll have at least 1 bay free for my DVD-RW.

Thideras, where did you put your HD's? Back alongside the psu? just curious as i've thought of moving to a 120x3 config, and rather liked the HD enclosure config below my dvd drive
536977455_Front.JPG

Being the 2nd owner if thid's case, the hdd's were mounted in a HDD rack next to the PSU.
He nailed it :D

Once I moved the radiator to the "floor" of the case, the 5.25" were accessible again, so you could use the iCage if you had it :shrug:

Thideras, where did you put your HD's? Back alongside the psu? just curious as i've thought of moving to a 120x3 config, and rather liked the HD enclosure config below my dvd drive
536977455_Front.JPG

Wow. Why didn't I think of this. Power, reset and HDD led connectors are located bottom of the case, why not put the power switch at the bottom. :bang head

even though i am to late in repliying i will still add another choice similar to neonlazer brackets.

i would take a flat 1/8 sheet of steel or aluminum and make this.

radboxhl0.jpg

the red lines are where you would drill holes to mount in the 5 1/4 drive bay slots.

(you can download the file for sketch up here)

it should also act as a shroud and focus all the air to the rad and not spill out the sides. i would use a rubber gasket (get a sheet of rubber from a hardware store i think) or use a thin layer of silicone, let it dry then mount it down.

Back