• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuf x570 ddr4 stuck at 3400. Xmp is 3200 cl14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Izu79

Registered
So like the title says my trident z 3200 cl14 rgb kit is stuck at 3400 mhz.
Have reset bios by jumping the pins. Boots at 2133. And setting manually or with xmp goes right to 3400. Now i have not tried to run say 3600mhz . I just want it to work at 3200 again with no errors so my games dont keep crashing.
Ran memtest last night for 8 hrs--- 106 errors like omg.
Regardless of voltage even up to 1.45v gets errors.
Currently testing each stick individually. First stick error after 20 minutes, second stick is still testing 1 hour in and no errors so far.
Thoughts of pc gurus??????

Thx

Bad sticks if you are getting errors... not sure if that is causing your issue, however.

Have you flashed the BIOS on your board to the latest version? Your ram, is it 2x8GB 4x8GB?

some ram with Samsung B-die modules will require 1.5v to make 14-14-14 timings at 3600. So maybe try 1.5v to see if it helps at 3400 to get them stable- it also may be one of the subtimings causing issues

Running newest bios. Thing is i just want it to run as advertised, which it was until i got the bright idea to run it at 3400 haha. After a few games over the last couple weeks was getting kicked outbof the game with no errors. So figured last night just run it docp and be done with it. Well its now at 1.475 at 3400. Running memtest again and will see.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Ram is 2x8

have you tried to turn off the power supply current (unplug from wall or hit the switch) and then (with psu off) short the clr cmos button?

Strange it should be able to reset to factory defaults. From page 23 of your manual here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_WEB_060319.pdf it states
To erase the RTC RAM:
1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Use a metal object such as a screwdriver to short the two pins.
3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the <Del> key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

If the steps above do not help, remove the onboard battery and short the two pins again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After clearing the CMOS, reinstall the battery.

I would try removing the battery and repeating the procedure.

Yes tried everything except removing the battery. Looks like will be draining my loop tonight to remove the gpu to get to the battery.
Thx for the help

I can tell you that on my tuf gaming x570 board- when I do short the clear cmos jumpers, the lights on the board turn on while it is shorted to give an indication that you are indeed making contact on both pins to actually clear

Back