• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uhh.. How fast does your mobile crunch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

Right now, I'm at my bros house for the holidays, I setup SETI on the mobile computer (Dell Inspiron [I don't know the series]). Anyways, its crunching rather slow, a whooping 18 hours on a 0.410 WU.

All I know about his computer is it's the Dell Inspiron as mentioned above, 600mhz Celeron-M CPU, 128megs of RAM, and Windows ME.

I know someone posted before how to make their mobiles running more faster, they enabled an option some where..

I've got an inspiron 8100 with a 1.13GHz P3M and it takes about 6 hours for an average unit. I also have an 8000 with an 850 P3 and that takes about 8 hours. There's almost nothing to tweak in the bios, but maybe you could shutdown some unnecessary services or power management. Make sure the hard drive isn't shutting down on you, etc.

Dell Latitude C610 with a 1Ghz PIII-M. Looking at my SETIQueue history, it did a .036 in 5:45 and a 4.545 in 4:23. SETIQueue average is 5:08.

This laptop can crunch units faster than an HP LC2000 2x600mhz PIII server.

But it does get warm doing it.
...and don't try crunching SETI for more than a couple of hours on one battery.;)

Last edited:
Hmmm, found some specs out, Dell Inspiron 8000 w/ Celeron 600 - M. I'm just guessing the Celeron with the low cache isn't cutting it, oh well ! :)

Back