• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

up to 2.36ghz...how far can kt333 bring me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe I dont know what Im talkin about.. but I dont think you should be going to 195fsb... (if you can).. with KT333... I have KT400, and someone told me not to go over 190fsb.. Maybe Im wrong though.. I dunno.. Im new.. :D

This has been discussed before and unfortunately, the TBred and KT333 are not 100% compatible. Almost everyone w/ a kt333 mobo and a tbred chip have problems running at FSB speeds from 182 and higher. Some ppl bottom out at 182fsb, I've been lucky enough to be able to run at 192fsb.

I was able to run at 208fsb w/ my pally but not with the tbred. I confirmed it when I replaced the tbred w/ my XP1600 last weekend and was able to run at 208fsb again.

If you can raise yor multi, you can still max out your o/c. I'm still able to run at 2640mhz but with at lower FSB speed.

Might be time for a mobo upgrade.

well what hardrive do you have? my western digital could do 185 only but i have seen maxtors that seem completly unaffected by any fsb change

Hmm, I've been running 192MHz FSB for about a week now no problems. I both Maxtor and WD HD's.

Emericana said:
well what hardrive do you have? my western digital could do 185 only but i have seen maxtors that seem completly unaffected by any fsb change

I can't go out of spec at all or my Maxtor corrupts. If I go to 167 , I get a file missing or corrupt when windows tries to load.

hkgonra, when I have had that problem usually it is a memory problem and not a hard drive problem. Have you checked you memory and it's settings, try memtest86 on it at 167 FSB, and see what it tells you.

I tried memtest on it but not over 166. I have Mushkin pc3200 it should be ok shouldn't it ? I thought mushkin was top-notch stuff ?

Back