• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update Crap-a-damn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep that'll do. It just shows that you need some air movement in there. The way it sits now you can use it without worrying too much for everyday putering. If you want to make it go faster you'll need to get a new cooler and fix that case up to get a true air flow happening. You know in the front and out the back.

Yep that'll do. It just shows that you need some air movement in there. The way it sits now you can use it without worrying too much for everyday putering. If you want to make it go faster you'll need to get a new cooler and fix that case up to get a true air flow happening. You know in the front and out the back.

I take it side mounted fans are pretty pointless then?

Lol that is a good point haha. At least they are pretty cheap. I actually got mine used off of amazon for $15 and it was still in box and had everything that comes with it new.

This is what you want for air flow, the more the better. For my LianLi case I have 300 CFM in and out when set to max.

thermaltake_chaser_a31_black.jpg

Side door fans have their place but typically in a standard set up all they do is disrupt airflow. I have udes them in SLI setup to remove a hot air " pocket"

That's how mine is set up mbut I only have one fan blowing out te back and I modified my case for fins at the top so my CPU cooler fans can push out the top. Also put a 50mm fan on the backside on the CPU socket.

Okay guys, I'm getting a new case to keep temps down, I might not water cool as of yet but I will be doing it at some point, at the moment, I just wanna get a case for it and Friday I'll be getting a 22inch monitor (to have 2 monitors on my computer) I'm using a 19 inch at the moment and it's okay for random stuff but want another one for work stuff and like VMWare and blah blah (I run dual boot and VMWare)

Windows 7 Home 64 Bit and Windows XP 64 Bit
VMWare with Mac OS X and Android and Google's Chrome OS

If you are looking towards water cooling in the future make sure to get a big enough case. That's here I messed up. I didn't plan to oc or watercool originally and now I'm planning on going all out. A lot of people have said the corsair air 540 is a great case. That's what I'll be going for.

Another update, I reapplied the thermal paste as wasn't happy with the temps, I put some boards up by the side of the computer and 2 80mm fans at the front to push air into the case, I got my temps to drop by 8c and 5c under full load, is that good? 30 - 31c idling and full load 52 - 55c (that's after 2 hours of testing running Prime)

Any little bit helps Jethro, Now if you could up those fans to 120 or 140... Either way that's a nice temp drop.

Any little bit helps Jethro, Now if you could up those fans to 120 or 140... Either way that's a nice temp drop.

Getting a case tomorrow so shouldn't have to worry, it's only to last out till I get another case that has water cooling holes and stuff already in it.... I wanna overclock it but last time I tried I got it to 3.8GHz and upd the Voltage to 1.5V and it BSOD me, lol, I've tried 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 4.0 and then anything passed 4.0 it don't even boot.....

The case I'm getting has 3 140mm fans, 2 on front, 1 on back but I'm gonna fit 2 more 2 it (the 2 80's I got now) one on the side of the heatsink pushing air through it to go out the exhaust fan and then the other one to suck it from the fan that's pushing it, so it's a "faster" air flow....

What case are you getting? and if you could swing it I'd get a better CPU cooler. That AC freezer really isn't that good.

Back