• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating the Bios for KT400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nobitacu

Registered
Well, I haven't got the MB from newegg.com yet since I just sent the RMA to them yesterday. But, when I do get it again, the KT400. Should I update the Bios right away? if so, how? Do I have to install windows and everything before i can do it? or do it all in does right after the first boot up of the computer? Because I was think now that maybe if I updated the Bios the the newest version, then I would maybe not have those problems the first place... like maybe it's due to the old Bios... and the new Bios should fix it.

Thanks

You need to go to Soyo and download the new BIOS and the Awdflash.exe Make sure the Awdflash is first. Put the foppy in and to boot from the floppy. Save the old BIOS and then load the new. FOr more info read this

ok, thanks for your help, but do you mean both of this files each with it's own disk? or both files on the same disk? Like Bios in one disc, then Awdflash.exe on another?

What's the difference between this two?

kv42aa2r.bin
This upgrade requires Awdflash.exe
2002-10-07
Overclocked BIOS

kvx42aa3.bin
This upgrade requires Awdflash.exe
2002-10-03
BIOS Revision: KVX4_2AA3

What did it mean by overclocked BIOS? like what changes did that made? which one would be the better choice to use? the kvx42aa3.bin? or the kv42aa2r.bin?

Thanks

Back