• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X570 aorus pro doesn't boot after update bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

Hi guys,
X570 aorus pro doesn't boot after updating bios, updated yesterday and to my surprise it gets stuck on aorus logo (it goes beyond posting bios, goes to aorus logo and it gets stuck there loading and nothing happens. I can acess bios no problem, i reset settings within bios and restarted PC with no luck. Updated bios to latest F36C.
Any advice?

So, it's past where the four post code LEDs are informative? I'd imagine if it was a boot issue, the boot LED would be lit.

That said, check the BIOS and see if your drive is recognized in the first place. Make sure your boot order is set to Windows Boot Loader for your device.

EDIT: Do you see the windows loading thing (spinning circles?) and then it freezes, correct?

Last edited:
So, it's past where the four post code LEDs are informative? I'd imagine if it was a boot issue, the boot LED would be lit.

That said, check the BIOS and see if your drive is recognized in the first place. Make sure your boot order is set to Windows Boot Loader for your device.

EDIT: Do you see the windows loading thing (spinning circles?) and then it freezes, correct?
Spinning circles spin forever bro, nothing happens, yeah first of all my m.2 appears in bios boot sequence and bbs priorities. 1st drive to boot from. Windows boot manager checked. It passes post( i guess) because it goes to aorus logo and stays there forever, spinning till eternity. Tell u something when i arrive home man. lol. To be honest i have to check the led.

I'd imagine if it's making it to the boot process, the boot LED won't be lit. But if it's just sitting there, clearly that's a problem. Can you try that drive in another PC? Or, boot to a windows disk and repair the installation? That's where I would look next.

I'd imagine if it's making it to the boot process, the boot LED won't be lit. But if it's just sitting there, clearly that's a problem. Can you try that drive in another PC? Or, boot to a windows disk and repair the installation? That's where I would look next.
Yes it passes POST no problem bro, no Led lights on. Yes i guess this bios update corrupted the drive in some way (hoping that is the problem here) . I Will try to repair system startup with my USB drive.
Post magically merged:

Got stuck at the Aoeus logo a while back, turned out to be a sata cable ever-so-slightly unfirmly plugged in...
Appreciated that bro but my main drive is m.2 👍

It is working now man, system repair did nothing at all, it gave me instantly an error trying to repair it. I had to install a fresh copy of windows. The update corrupted the drive. It is working now. Thanks for your help. 👍

The update corrupted the drive.
Weird. AFAIK, a BIOS update doesn't touch a hdd. Not sure how that would corrupt it...

Seems more like to be an option in the bios the install didn't like (did you use bitlocker? Maybe csm issue?). I can't tell you how many times I updated the bios across literally hundreds of boards and never ran across a bios actually corrupting the hdd. Anything is possible, I suppose!

Last edited:
Weird. AFAIK, a BIOS update doesn't touch a hdd. Not sure how that would corrupt it...

Seems more like to be an option in the bios the install didn't like (did you use bitlocker? Maybe csm issue?). I can't tell you how many times I updated the bios across literally hundreds of boards and never ran across a bios actually corrupting the hdd. Anything is possible, I suppose!
I switched csm on and off and tpm too, it was the 1st thing i did man when i saw it wasnt booting after updating. Yeah i updated many bios too bro, not sure what happened.gladly i had backups on my other drives. No bitlocker bro. It must have been something in bios not sure. If it was i didnt touch it after fresh install of Windows. I guess it was related with csm in some way but like i said i switched it on and off.

Yeah, it's odd. But between F33j you mentioned a year ago and the latest for that board, there's a note about AMD PS fTPM in there. I'm not sure if there is a TPM option that was missed or w/e, but I'd bet money that was it.

Either way, I'm happy you found a resolution.

I highly doubt your other drives were affected... shouldn't need backups for recovery, they should just work,

Yeah, it's odd. But between F33j you mentioned a year ago and the latest for that board, there's a note about AMD PS fTPM in there. I'm not sure if there is a TPM option that was missed or w/e, but I'd bet money that was it.

Either way, I'm happy you found a resolution.

I highly doubt your other drives were affected... shouldn't need backups for recovery, they should just work,
Everything is good now man. Ty for helping. Sorry the delay. Cheers.

Back