• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading video card. Need advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moab

Registered
HELP! Which card should I buy?!

I think my system is listed in my sigline. Only other thing different in my computer's configuration is I added RAM for a total of 8gb. I'm running three monitors. I use business apps. And watch and process videos I download. Nothing major. No gaming.

My video card goes haywire whenever I try to use Silverlight. Last time all three monitors went black and I had to reboot 6 times to get them back on correctly. And there is some lines that show up for seconds at a time of loss. What video cards should I be looking at? I really don't want to have to reset up my monitors if I don't have too.

Any help greatly appreciated. I contacted NEwegg support and they suggested this one. But it seems a little spendy to me. I think I paid less that $50 for the one that is in there now. But don't mind spending more. If it's going to greatly increase my experience. I would like to go up to 2gb from the 1gb I'm at. But I'm an idiot when it comes to cards. So maybe that isn't going to help me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150753&cm_re=radeon-_-14-150-753-_-Product

Well I cant tell you what card you should get but if you read this thread here you can see that the card in my sig might not be quite enough for you either. There are a couple recommendations in the replies, but when all is said and done, better than an HD7850 is about the best I can say :) I still have hope for grabbing more performance from mine, but we shall have to see for that

HELP! Which card should I buy?!

I think my system is listed in my sigline. Only other thing different in my computer's configuration is I added RAM for a total of 8gb. I'm running three monitors. I use business apps. And watch and process videos I download. Nothing major. No gaming.

My video card goes haywire whenever I try to use Silverlight. Last time all three monitors went black and I had to reboot 6 times to get them back on correctly. And there is some lines that show up for seconds at a time of loss. What video cards should I be looking at? I really don't want to have to reset up my monitors if I don't have too.

Any help greatly appreciated. I contacted NEwegg support and they suggested this one. But it seems a little spendy to me. I think I paid less that $50 for the one that is in there now. But don't mind spending more. If it's going to greatly increase my experience. I would like to go up to 2gb from the 1gb I'm at. But I'm an idiot when it comes to cards. So maybe that isn't going to help me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150753&cm_re=radeon-_-14-150-753-_-Product

Something like that, or the GTX 950 would serve your purposes very well.

Have you tried different drivers or updating silverlight?

Back